Reviews of Raglan Road

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/lunch
Dinner Menu:
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/raglan-road/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

We ate here this past July. As always the food was good. I had the fish & chips and it was more than enough. DD had the bangers and booze and was quite full. DN had the shepherd's pie and loved it. My only complaint was that they were doing some construction on the inside during our visit and so we had some obstruction of our view of the stage.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/01/2013

My two friends and I dined here for dinner on 7/25. Our reservation was for 8:30pm, and we arrived right on time. We did have to wait a bit to be seated, but we spent time browsing the gift shop. Our table was in the main room with the entertainment, far enough away that we could still see the dancers and band but still have a conversation.

I ordered the Shepherd's Pie, one person chose the Braised Beef and the third went with the Serious Steak. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. For dessert, we had Ger's Bread & Butter pudding, Black Forest Kiss, and the Strawberry & Apple Crumble. The fruit was baked into an oatmeal type tart, which was not what I was expecting, but it was still very good.

Our server was Rachelle, and while she was friendly enough, she didn't seem happy to be there. I suppose she was just busy. We did love the dancers and the band; my friend has family in Ireland and she had a great time singing along to the songs. Highly recommend this restaurant for a fun time!

Pros:

Excellent food, band and dancers

Cons:

So-so service

Reviewed by LoriC Review Date: 02/24/2013

My sons and I had dinner at Raglan Road recently. We had made priority seating arrangements, but when we arrived, was told they did not have record of our reservation. So, we waited outside for a table. Our wait was only about 25 minutes and we were seated close to the entertainment. We ordered the Serious Steak, Fish and Chips, and a kids meal. It took over a half an hour just to get the bread delivered. Then, another half an hour to get our dinner. They were very busy that night, but I felt it was too long to have to wait for food. Once delivered, the meal was outstanding! Probably the best steak dinner I've had in years. The music and entertainment added to the fun of sitting outside at downtown Disney.

Pros:

Food and Entertainment

Cons:

Speed of Service

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Menu has a large variety, my child likes to eat here because the kids meal is not typical Disney fare. We have had the bangers and mash, fish, risotto, and burgers. Food was pretty good. We like the fish and chips the best. Beer choices are great. The kids like the dancing the most. Restaurant does get loud and crowded.

Pros:

Good food, great drinks, Irish dancing with the kids

Cons:

Loud and crowded, may not be for picky eaters

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

This was not my favorite visit to Raglan Road. When making our reservation I requested that we be seated where we could see the band and the dancers perform. We were seated behind a wall and could neither hear nor see the performance, and our request to move was refused. However, our server was more than gracious about our grumpy moods and we had an enjoyable dinner.

However, it is time that the menu at Raglan Road be refreshed for repeat visitors. The food is heavy, and it would be nice to add a few warm weather entrees. I had the Heavenly Ham and could eat only half of it, despite having not eaten in almost 8 hours. The dish was delicious, but way too much. I recommend the restaurant, although I will probably give it a miss on our next vacation to Disney World. I might try the outside patio.

Pros:

Good atmosphere if you get good seating; decent food

Cons:

Music and dancing not accessible in all areas of restaurant

Reviewed by MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

Hi, my brother and I went here November 27,2018 on our first visit to Disney. We were really looking forward to this restaurant. We were seated over one hour beyond our reservation time, but we had a great band to watch right outside and we ended up getting a table right at the stage. The dancers were fantastic. The problem was our server. My mom was a waitress for years so I have a great respect for the hard work they do. Our server was great the first minutes until he heard we were on the dining plan. I don't know if the dining plan is frowned upon at Springs. The other possibility is wait staff count on big tippers in that area and he assumed he assumed he wouldn't get a good tip from us. I never expected anything like this. He was friendly to his other diners. My brother and I are over tippers. He served our dinners without word in a timely manner and I had a great show to watch, so we tipped as usual. My brother however was uncomfortable and refuses to go back. It's a shame. This was his top pick restaurant. Tommy liked his chicken. My gnocchi was heavy and tasted like under cooked gluten balls. The scallops tasted good but tiny.

Pros:

Entertainment

Cons:

The waiter and gnocchi. Recommend only for the entertainment.

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 09/22/2016

Arrived at 5:45 and left at 8pm. Service was very, very slow. The food when we got it was very good.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Slow service, loud

Reviewed by cjane65 Review Date: 09/21/2014

The food was excellent, well prepared, steak, burger, and fish and chips were all well received and devoured. The desserts were just lovely and we took them home to enjoy later. We were not happy with the service. It seemed to us once he knew we were on the DDP, we became less than important. We waited a long time for drinks, again to order and forever for refills. The dancers were awesome, they tried to get my DGD to dance but she wouldn't go. They even came into the room off to one side to dance for us. We appreciated that. We will go back I think to try again.

Pros:

dancers, desserts

Cons:

service

Reviewed by DisneyStrong86 Review Date: 05/15/2014

We recently ate here last week. It was once our favorite restaurant but I no longer care for the restaurant.

Other than the bread pudding I don't have a favorite dish. They changed the menu.

Pros:

Great Entertainment, Atmosphere, Dessert

Cons:

Change of Menu,

Reviewed by MellieBeans Review Date: 12/11/2013

We dined here on Monday December 9, 2013, for the very first time. I'd been reading many reviews of the food before our trip and so we decided based on that to try it. I wish we hadn't. The food was pretty good, but I didn't appreciate, or enjoy the entertainment. We were seated early, almost 45 minutes before our scheduled reservation time, which was a bonus. But, we were seated by the platform in the middle of the main dining area and during our dinner, and it felt almost like we had someone dancing on our own table. Dust, dirt and wood was flying around and dropping off the platform right onto our table while we ate, and I have no idea why we were seated there to begin with, we practically had the entire restaurant to ourselves! I'm no prude, but I really don't want to look up at someone's butt while I am eating my food, and between the girl's short skirt, and the guy dancing, I really was left with no choice but to look away.
The place was fantastic, visually. I loved the decor and overall look.
The food, it was okay. DH ordered Mammy's roast chicken and he didn't really care for it. I can't say that I blame him, it was seriously overcooked and he didn't care for the sauce. My dinner was Kevin's Heavenly Ham and I loved the raisin jus that came with it, for without it I'm afraid the ham would have been terrible. The colcannon potatoes were a delight and we both enjoyed the bread and Guiness reduction sauce.
All in all I would have to say we probably won't be going back to Raglan Road, ever again.

Pros:

Price, portions, visual

Cons:

Noise, entertainment