Reviews of Kona Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by lauren94 Review Date: 08/16/2022

This place was not my favorite. The food was very average.

Pros:

In a great location.

Reviewed by Mommacolorado Review Date: 02/07/2022

I'm sorry but is the bread pudding what dreams are made of? ok so we only went here because I couldn't sit through another preset menu... I can't eat that much food and not being able to take left overs really felt wasteful. I was dying to try the Bread Pudding from Ohana that everyone talks about and even though it wasn't on the Kona menu.. we rolled the dice and made Kona reservations. Okay.. it was really good. We got basically all the Ohana sides and they did not disappoint.. plus our waiter noticed my son's Star Wars gear and showed off his star wars tatoos! It was awesome and instantly made him my kiddos favorite server of the week. We hadn't had the best service throughout the week and having that moment was such a great relief. We really had a great night here and a great dinner. It wasn't cheap but everything was great!

Pros:

Ohana food without having to book Ohana

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/06/2021

We went to Kona Cafe for dinner the first night of our trip. We started out with Keiki juice which was really good. The apps, which were the wings and potstickers, did not disappoint! Very yummy. The bread service was also quite good. Our sushi was fresh and delicious, and my son’s strip steak was wonderful. My husband had the mahi BLT and was expecting a sandwich. It’s actually a salad. For dessert we had the bread pudding which is amazing. Our server Macarena was fantastic. This place was great!

Pros:

Great apps, sushi, pineapple bread, dessert

Cons:

?

Reviewed by PixieDust6 Review Date: 08/01/2021

Since Kona Cafe offers TOGO from the restaurant, I could not pass up getting an order of Sticky Wings ( Glazed Chicken Wings) to eat poolside. These wings are a long time favorite of mine and to get them without table service seemed like a great thing to do. They were quick with my order and it came in a nicely sealed brown box. Their were 6 meaty wings (separated) at least and they did not disappoint. They are not spicy but have a wonderful sweet sauce with a bit of tang. You can add more spice if desired but I think they are great just the way they are. Great snack option (they are an appetizer on the menu) or have as a meal and get some fries at Capn' Cooks. Would get again if TOGO stays as an option longer.

Pros:

TOGO is a great option to dining inside

Reviewed by Merlovesdisney97 Review Date: 06/29/2021

I was so nervous to come based on some previous reviews but all my worry was for nothing. This place is amazing! Our server, Carol, made us laugh all night long and gave us excellent, quick service. We had a later dinner, around 8:30… we didn’t have to wait for a table at all, in fact they seated us a few minutes before our reservation. The bread basket was just average bread but after a long day at the parks, it hit the spot. Started off with some sushi and it was great. Perfect size to eat by yourself, but we split it three ways (it comes with 8 pieces). I had the short rib and it instantly tied for the best entree I’ve ever had at Disney (next to the mahi mahi at coral reef). My boyfriend had the airline chicken and it was ok, just not what we were expecting and probably wouldn’t get it again because it just doesn’t compare to that short rib. I mean everything on the plate was perfection—the rib was insanely tender, not too well done, and shreds so easily with just a fork. The broccolini and mashed potatoes were a perfect compliment to the beef. To finish us off, our server brought the pineapple bread pudding that they usually have at O’hana and my soul was singing. Also, someone in our party is vegetarian and was nervous to find something on the menu to fit her needs, but the chef made a stir fry with tofu just for her. It definitely added some extra Disney magic to our day! Our service was just excellent all around. Keep in mind, Polynesian Village is under construction (summer 2021), and it was kind of hard to find since we are not familiar with the resort layout and a few minutes walk from where an Uber dropped us off. Overall a great experience to end a great day at Disney. Will definitely be back.

Pros:

Great service, some incredible dishes, not too crowded later in the evening, bread pudding from O’hana

Cons:

Not all dishes are as great as the short rib, kind of hard to find if you’re not familiar with Polynesian Village

Reviewed by LisaLLJ Review Date: 05/18/2021

First, our server was the sweetest and service was fantastic. I was very disappointed with the food. I was super excited to try the Pork Belly Noodle Bowl but I really didn’t live up to my expectations. The pork was very chewy. The sauce and noodles were delicious but this mean was definitely not worth the cost.

Pros:

Two words…Lapu Lapu! This drink was exactly what I needed for the first night of my Orlando vacation. Service was excellent.

Cons:

Overpriced for the quality of the food.

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/14/2021

Delicious, fresh food. Nice sushi options, but also delicious wings. The burger was very good. And the bread pudding dessert is amazing! Even if you don't like bread pudding normally (I don't), try it!

Pros:

Fresh, lighter options. But also that bread pudding!

Cons:

If you're not into sushi or seafood, the additional options are somewhat limited.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/19/2020

I gave it a one because I didn't get to eat. Scored reservations and was looking forward to enjoying tonga toast. When we got to the hostess- who greates us with a deceptive smile- we were instructed to check in on the mobile app. We were not given an option to check in but told we had to - with that deceptive smile. I looked around, there were three or four other groups of diners trying to check in via the mobile app and having no luck. I hate to stupidity of the mobile check in - I am paying YOU but I have to check myself in. Mrs. Smiley face was splitting her time between \"happily\" instructing people to check in with the mobile app and trying to HELP people check in. (HINT: it wasn't working very well.)

At any rate, I try to check in. After several tries, I finally get the \"menu.\" Cool: just push check-in, right? WRONG- now I have to change the settings on my phone. What????? I need to enable my GPS. Enabke GPS to freaking eat. I had trouble getting that done. Feed up with having to jump through hoops for the privilege of paying top dollar for what amounts to a little above average breakfast, I got frustrated and walked away. Mrs. Smiley Face was probably happy I was one less source of frustration she had to deal with and didn't even bother to ask if she could help. Disney, stop with everything smart phone for the love of God.

What difference does it make if my GPS is enabled for mobile checkin???? I scanned the qr code- I must be there, right? Never again.

Pros:

nothing

Cons:

mobile check in, including rearranging the settings on you phone.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/02/2020

Ate lunch at Kona cafe because we could not get our normal Ohana since it is closed. Poor choice on us. The waitress was slow with everything. 5 minutes to even get to the table the first time. She was only waiting on 3 tables besides us and we was all sitting close together. 5-10 minutes to bring our drinks. The duck plate with fried rice was so salty it was inedible. One bite and we sent it back and said we did not want anything else because of how long it was taking. The only good thing I can say was the chicken wings were very good. From the time we sat down til we paid was just shy of 2 hours and they was not busy with plenty of empty seats. Hopefully after the renovations they will have a new chef and a better menu.

Pros:

Chicken wings

Cons:

Service, limited menu, too salty, slow

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/27/2020

This used to be one of my favorite table service locations at WDW. With the changes in menu items it has only become a priority for breakfast. They removed my favorite salad and some of the great appetizers. I could find something on the menu as my DH and DD love sushi and would want to visit, but again, not a priority anymore.

Pros:

Location is beautiful Great sushi Great breakfast

Cons:

Not a lot of options if you don't like sushi

Other topics in Polynesian Village