March is a HUGE month for Disney World!
We’ve got the opening of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, the kickoff of the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, and some special celebrations for Annual Passholders at Disney Springs. On top of that, you can “Celebrate HER Story” in honor of Women’s History Month with new snacks and treats!
All month long at Magic Kingdom, you can check out new desserts that pay tribute to female Disney Imagineers. Here’s what is available:
- “At Liberty Square Market, discover the Madame Leota Cupcake inspired by Leota Toombs: Chocolate-cherry cake filled with black cherry-lime cream finished with blackberry buttercream
- At Friar’s Nook, enjoy the “it’s a small world” Cupcake inspired by Mary Blair: Lemon funfetti cake, blue raspberry buttercream, and vanilla-lemon buttercream
- And, at select outdoor food and beverage carts on Main Street, U.S.A., you will find the Cinderella Castle Mosaic Cupcake inspired by Dorothea Redmond: Champagne-flavored cake filled with fresh raspberry champagne compote, finished with gold champagne buttercream, mosaic tile sprinkles and chocolate garnish”
Disney Resort Hotels
And then at select hotels, you can find new treats inspired by the women of the hit film Encanto! These become available on March 8th:
- Chorizo Arepas: Cheese arepas topped with chorizo, red pepper and onion-egg scramble, arugula, and sliced avocado (All-Star Movies Resort & Art of Animation Resort)
- Mirabel Cupcake: Cinnamon cupcake filled with custard and topped with coconut buttercream, toasted coconut, and Mirabel-inspired fondant garnishes (All-Star Movies Resort & Art of Animation Resort
- Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop: Layers of vanilla cake and tres leches pastry cream topped with a doughnut hole ‘boulder’ (All-Star Movies Resort)
- Encanto Cholado: Crushed ice topped with sliced fresh fruit, sweetened condensed milk, and shredded coconut (All-Star Movies Resort)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
This spot is showcasing some dishes that were created by female chefs, including:
- Nona’s Home-Style Meatballs presented by Sous Chef Lori Tiritilli: Italian meatballs with Sunday gravy, basil pesto, and scratch-made lemon ricotta, grilled focaccia crostini, grated pecorino cheese
- Carne Frita con Tostones presented by Sous Chef Natalie Floyd: Crispy pork shoulder tostones, pickled onions, citrus aioli
Here, you’ll find a special dessert presented by Pastry Chef Yoly Lazo Colon:
- “The Passion of My Life” — Pineapple, mango and toasted coconut mousse, coconut chiffon cake, white chocolate crisp pearls, and infused passion fruit glacage
And last but not least, there’s a treat inspired “by a fierce Padawan.” The Star Wars dessert is a concept by Chocolatier Katie Dodge presented by Chef Chocolatier Amanda Lauder:
- Lady Tano Pop — Plant-based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with dark 65% chocolate
And that’s everything on the list of Women’s History Month treats! STay tuned to AllEars for more Disney World news and updates on all the special celebrations happening around the resort!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list of the Best EPCOT Snacks! Click here to get started!
Which of these treats sounds the most delicious? Tell us in the comments!