‘Tis the holiday season!
And if you’re looking to bring a bit of Disney dining to your holiday season, Jaleo in Disney Springs has shared just the recipe for you!
There’s nothing like the magic and whimsy of a Disney cocktail. Created for the Winter 2021 drink menu at Jaleo in Disney Springs, this Sherry-based, cocktail is the perfect balance of not only “nuttiness and acidity” but also “fruity and yeasty”. WineMag.com shared the recipe one how to make this delicious cocktail for the holidays.
Sherry Chamber # 1
Serving Size: 2 cups
- 1½ oz. amontillado Sherry
- ¾ oz. fino Sherry
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 oz. Beer and Pear Syrup(recipe follows)
FOR BEER AND PEAR SYRUP:
- Cut two ripe pears into pieces. In a food processor, purée along with ¼ cup of wheat beer.
- Transfer to a saucepan and combine with 2¾ additional cups of wheat beer and 1½ cups brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring, over high heat to dissolve sugar. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, then lower and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture through fine-mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter, allowing mixture to drip slowly.
- Transfer to lidded container. Mixture can be refrigerated for up to one week.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir to chill.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass with no garnish.
Now that you’re a seasoned mixologist, the only thing left to do is reap the benefits of your new favorite Autumn concoction and enjoy!
What is your favorite Disney cocktail? Let us know in the comments below!