We’re learning a ton of exciting new information regarding the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser “hotel,” coming to Disney World in March of 2022!
There is a lot to read up on when it comes to what this immersive 2-night experience will be like, and one of the topics we’ve been anxious to learn more about is when the “immersion” actually begins.
According to an article written by IGN, the experience begins “from the second you arrive at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.”
Guests pull up to what appears to be an “unassuming slate gray building,” but the experience has already started. Once guests drop off their luggage, they will be taken down “hallways specifically designed to look like a concrete launch facility,” leading them to a launch pod. The “windows” in that launch pod allow guests to watch themselves “blast off into space and dock with the Galactic Starcruiser, known as the Halcyon.”
So, it sort of sounds like a similar experience to the “space elevator” at Space 220 in EPCOT, where you get to watch yourself blast off 220 miles above the Earth’s surface as you make your way to the Centauri Space Station!
Once you arrive at the Halcyon and you step out of your launch pod, it will feel as if you are “walking onto a genuine starship right out of the movies,” complete with sights such as “windows…showing stars, planets, and other ships off in the distance,” and sounds including “a soft machine hum simulating the sound of the starship engines” and “various beeps and boops sound off as computers and droids do their duties.”
This truly sounds like an immersive experience that uses all of the senses! We can’t wait to see what the finished product is like when Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser sets off on its “maiden voyage” on March 1st, 2022! Be sure to follow along in the weeks and months to come as we bring you more of the latest news and announcements!
Do you have a reservation for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- WARNING: Don’t Let This Important Closure Impact Your ’Ohana Dining Reservation
- Hide and Seek in Hollywood Studios?! We’re Taking on a HUGE Disney World Challenge!
- We’re Planning a Full Week of Disney Outfits For You!
- Disney World Pros Know THIS Is the Most Reliable Park 🤫
- SAVE on Your Hotel Stay With This Brightline Train DEAL
- You Might Want To AVOID EPCOT on April 21st
- Why Disney World Won’t Fix Its Ugly Construction Problem Anytime Soon
- How Much Will a Lighting Lane Cost for Disney World’s NEW Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Ride?
- Will Space Mountain CHANGE in Magic Kingdom?
- 5 Disney World Rides Are Now Hopelessly Outdated. But Do They Have to Change?
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!