At the 2019 D23 Expo, Disney hinted at a new app called “Genie,” which would take what can be a hassle of planning your day in a Disney park and make it a seamless experience, all on your smart device!
At today’s IAAPA Expo, we got an update on what this unique itinerary planning service can provide guests and the thoughts behind how it can take the stress out of scheduling, and sometimes re-scheduling, your day in the parks!
Disney’s goal for Genie is to “make planning and enjoying a vacation at our parks stress-free.”
From the brief preview we saw at the Expo, it appears as though you can make and change your plans throughout the day based on your preferences as well as Disney’s recommendations based on attraction type, location, wait times, etc. These all add up to a customizable itinerary on your smart device with ease. It looks like you can even place Mobile Orders using Genie!
At this time, we don’t have an anticipated timeline for when this service may become available. When Disney first announced the app, it was said to launch in 2020, but as with most upcoming projects, it may have seen some slight delays. But we will keep a close watch on Genie for all the latest news and updates!
Click here to watch a VIDEO of the ride vehicles in action from the upcoming attraction Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
Would you use a service like Genie? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World Planning Tips
- Which Ride Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World Today?
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait in Disney World for a Second Week!
- 6 Attractions That Will Be Closed in Disney World This Week!
- All of the Ways You Can Save on Your 2021 Disney World Trip
- This Roller Coaster Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World Today!
- This Thrill Ride Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World Today!
- NEWS: Disney Cruise Line Extends Flexible Cancellation Policy Again
- Which Ride Had the LONGEST Wait Time in Disney World Today?
- Did the Return of Park Hopping Change the Wait Times in Disney World?
- Disney Park Passes Are Starting to Fill Up for Valentine’s Day Weekend!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!