At today’s IAAPA Expo, we got a ton of first looks at new and upcoming projects at Disney Parks using the latest technology, including the itinerary planning app known as “Genie.”
There’s even more exciting innovative tech coming to Disney Parks to bring what they refer to as the “metaverse” to guests, including augmented reality!
“Windows to the Wild” uses AR technology to enhance the guest’s experience at the parks! The expo showed footage of this technology being implemented around Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but it’s possible we can see it emerge at other parks, too!
Windows to the Wild will allow guests to interact with and learn more about the animals they encounter, whether it’s out on the savanna at Kilimanjaro Safaris, or at the Conservation Station at Rafiki’s Planet Watch.
We’ll be sure to keep an eye out for more details on when we can expect Windows to the Wild to officially launch at Disney World!
Would you take part in an augmented reality experience like Windows to the Wild? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- Photos! Winnie the Pooh’s Holiday Outfit is Bringing All the Christmas Cheer in EPCOT!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- Six Best Things You Can Do at Walt Disney World for the 2020 Holidays
- NEWS: The Feeding Ground Has Reopened At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!
- Photos! There’s A Really Long Line to Enter the Land Pavilion in EPCOT Today!
- These Were the Average Wait Times for the Most Popular Rides in Disney World Last Week!
- PHOTOS: You’re in for a Sweet Treat With This Year’s Cookie Stroll at the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!