Hey everybody, it’s Molly again! Guess what?
I am watching another Marvel movie! (I bet you guessed that, didn’t you?)
I just finished up Iron Man 3, which means it’s time for Thor: The Dark World. Now, you may recall I didn’t LOVE Thor, despite being directed by Gilderoy Lockhart. I found Thor (the character) to be a little boring TBH, and I really wasn’t into the Natalie Portman character. BUT I did enjoy Loki, Darcy, and looking at Thor.
Let’s hope this one is better than the first! As always, I know nothing about this film, except that Natalie Portman will probably annoy me and Loki will do something super shifty.
64 Thoughts I Had While Watching Thor: The Dark World for the First Time
1. Dark elves? Well that’s terrifying. I’m just imagining evil Keebler elves.
2. Those are not evil Keebler elves.
3. I have a feeling…someone is going to find it.
4. Hello Loki! I assume this is right after The Avengers when he was causing trouble and murdering sweet innocent Agent Coulson. (Not over it.)
5. YASS THOR’S SQUAD! They were the best part of the first one.
6. LOL at Thor just walking up to the stone gorilla and saying “Hello.”
7. I’m sorry is that Zachary Levi? *checks IMDB* YES! Wow, Flynn Rider is horrible as a blonde.
8. Do Odin and Nick Fury ever meet and have a chat about the best eye-patch vendors? Is that too much to hope for?
9. It’s been a while since I’ve asked about the Marvel HQ gym and if I can get a membership. *Something* just reminded me of that…
10. Blonde Flynn Rider is getting a lot of girls.
11. I say it again, he and his friend have much better chemistry than he and Jane Porter. I assume she’s in this, ugh.
12. There she is. On a date with the guy from Bridesmaids.
13. “Banana balls.” LOL. I like Darcy.
14. That guy was so charming, I hope we see him again. Probably not, but he was essentially the same character as he was in Bridesmaids.
15. Oh dear, Bootstrap Bill has indeed gone banana balls. I suppose that happens when you’re taken over by a dark lord.
16. Something tells me these portals mean realms are gonna open. I hope Idris Elba is around to open them.
17. Ohhh the scary elf has been waiting! I wonder what the Aether does.
18. YASSS IDRIS ELBA.
19. OK, so…she’s gonna be possessed or something right?
20. UGH, they have NO chemistry.
21. “Space is fine.” LOL
22. Yea she’s possessed or something.
23. The elves’ voices do not match their look.
24. I’m really glad Odin had this pretty plot book with pictures. V. helpful.
25. Loki would do well to learn some anger management techniques. Maybe the Hulk can teach him.
26. I want to hate him, but I can’t. He is SO good at the game. You gotta admire that.
27. I love that all the women in these movies are feisty. Even Mama Thor grabbed a sword when the men were like “it’s all good.”
28. UM OK IDRIS ELBA!!!
29. Ok but imagine all of this, but with angry Keebler elves.
30. YASSS MAMA.
32. This funeral is like the opposite of “I’ve Seen the Light.” Lots of Tangled similarities in this one.
33. Aww, Loki is sad.
34. STAN LEE!!!!! That was a good one.
35. Dad is out for vengeance. But who will worry about him?! *tear*
36. So this movie is all about Jane? *eye roll*
37. I love a morally ambiguous character, and Loki is the best of the best.
38. This scene of Loki shape-shifting into Cap is possibly the best scene in a Marvel movie so far??
39. I feel like Jane is trying too hard to be sassy, but having seen Pepps and Peggy Carter, it’s not working. (I repeat that I like Natalie Portman, I do not like this character.)
40. “Which one can actually fly?” LOL I really enjoy the brotherly zingers.
41. Zachary Levi looks like he’s in a parody of fairytale as a knight.
42. OMG I would be crying if those birds surrounded me like that.
43. Classic Loki. Honestly, Thor is pretty dumb. Pretty, but dumb.
44. WAIT I TAKE IT ALL BACK.
45. I really didn’t think elves could be legit scary when this all started but I have been proved very wrong.
46. Loki is v. good at fighting. Everyone probably gave Thor all the credit as kids but dang.
47. NOOOO LOKI!! I bet he’s ok though. He’s pretty good at getting out of tight places.
48. Wait. NO. This seems real. THIS IS ALL JANE’S FAULT.
49. “I only found it because I was looking for you.” Barf.
50. THE CUTE GUY FROM BRIDESMAIDS IS SAVING THE DAY!!!!
51. How convenient that across all the realms they found the right cave.
52. Pantless Bootstrap Bill is a 2020 mood.
53. It’s nice that with all that high tech stuff, they included a fancy elevator for the demon elves to ride down in, as opposed to….using the magic they clearly have.
54. I’m still getting used to the fact that in the MCU people are aware of the existence of gods and superheros, but they’re not like super freaked out by it. It’s just “oh cool, this will be a fun TikTok.”
55. This poor guy just wanted an internship to look good on his resume and now he’s fighting demon elves.
56. LOL Thor on the tube.
57. That was v. anti climactic.
58. Odin giving me real King Triton at the end of Little Mermaid vibes.
59. OMG!!!! NO ONE PLAYS THE GAME LIKE LOKI!!!!!!!!
60. Benecio del Toro? What are you doing here? Also where are they!?
61. INFINITY STONES?! THOSE ARE IMPORTANT WORDS I THINK.
62. “One down, five to go.” OOOOH I have no idea what’s happening but I’m excited!
63. LOL at the space monster chasing birds like a dog.
64. *Thor will return* HE BETTER!!!!! And I hope he brings his brother with him.
Overall, Thor: The Dark World was…fine. Thor himself is very strong and godly, but his personality is a little flat compared to Iron Man, and even Captain America. I have heard over and over again that the third Thor is incredible, and really funny, and I’m looking forward to it.
I really cannot stand the Jane character and her Thor romance — it feels so forced compared Pepper and Tony or Peggy and Steve. But, I do love Darcy who provides much needed comic relief, and Loki, who’s so tricky and morally ambiguous, it’s hard not to like him (though I am still mad about Coulson).
I do think I liked this slightly more than the first Thor, because I am starting to know and like many of these characters — also the scene where Loki morphs into Captain America is worth bumping up the score from the original.
On a scale of 1 – 10, where 1 is a hangnail and 10 is a fresh manicure, I award Thor: The Dark world a 6.6.
Who’s your favorite Thor character? Let us know in the comments!
Molly's Thoughts on ALL the Marvel Movies!
- Peter Parker is Rocking Those Glasses: 78 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ for the First Time
- I Love This Movie 3000: 135 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Endgame’ for the First Time
- I FINALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FURY’S EYE: 94 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Captain Marvel’ for the First Time!
- TRUTH SERUM! 67 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ for the First Time
- “Peter Parker Has Ripped Out My Heart” — 109 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ for the First Time
- I Finally Understand “WAKANDA FOREVER” — 84 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Black Panther’ for the First Time!
- Dr. Ian Malcom and Funny Rock Monsters: 88 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ for the First Time
- “I Got Ice Cream in Here Man!” 72 Thoughts I Had While Watching ‘Spider-man: Homecoming’ for the First Time
- I Love Trash Panda and Baby Tree — 81 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2’ for the First Time
- His Cape is the BEST Part?! 78 Thoughts I Had While Watching Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ for the First Time