While some of the attractions in the parks are closed at the moment, there’s a NEW place that has opened in Universal Orlando! And, we’re giving you a first look and review of our visit to the new snack stand!
Although there are plenty of magical treats around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and underrated eats in the park, Universal Studios Florida has rolled out the sweet and savory Central Park Crêpes kiosk!
While guests are able to choose from a menu of different crepes, a Freestyle Coke machine is available at the side of the kiosk as well!
Team Members have been making sure to distance guests from one another, along with the markers on the ground too.
When we got there, guests were wrapped around the area next to the kiosk with guests patiently waiting in line to pick up a crepe or two.
Central Park Crêpes have savory and sweet sections to satisfy everyone’s tastes (and we are SO here for it)! On the savory side, guests can pick up Chicken and Goat Cheese, Smoked Brisket, and Vegan Sausage Crepes that sound amazing. But, if you’re craving something sweet, you can go with the Lemon Blueberry, Strawberry Hazelnut, and Cookies and Cream Crepes instead.
It’s important to note that each of the crepes are made-to-order. Since you’ll be getting a fresh treat, the wait does take a little bit longer to receive your order (but the crepes are totally worth it).
Annual Passholders are able to snag a discount while they’re visiting. After the chefs bake up your crepes, the orders are places in a metal holder for guests to pick up at the to-go window.
Team Members directed guests to La Bamba’s outdoor seating section across from the Central Park Crêpes so they can sit down to enjoy their snacks.
For our first visit, we decided to try crepes from the sweet and savory sides. For savory, we went with the Chicken and Goat Cheese Crepe that’s wrapped up with grilled chicken, mushrooms, pesto, arugula, and goat cheese.
The pesto in the wrapped crepe had a slightly sweet flavor that was complemented by the crepe’s sweet batter. However, the goat cheese had a stronger flavor that stood out in the wrap (and honestly was our favorite part) for $7.99.
To end things on a sweet note, we decided to grab something with a bit of a citrus kick in the Lemon and Blueberry Crepe. The dessert crepe was filled with lemon mascarpone, fresh blueberries, lemon curd, whipped cream, lemon pound cake, and powdered sugar.
Although we expected some tanginess from the lemon, we were surprised by how majorly sweet the flavors were in the Lemon and Blueberry Crepe. Most of the sweetness came from the lemon curd in the crepe. If you’re a fan of lemon, this one is definitely for you (but we think it could have used more blueberry to balance it out) for $6.99!
Since the crepes are made to order at the Central Park Crêpes kiosk, you are able to switch things up in your crepe to a certain extent. If there is an ingredient that you don’t want in your savory eat or sweet treat, you can let a Team Member know at the counter when you’re checking out!
Although we were excited to be able to try the crepes today, we didn’t expected to love Central Park Crêpes as much as we did! Since we will definitely be back again soon, we’ll keep you updated on our next review of the other flavors at the kiosk in Universal Orlando!
Read all about the latest Annual Passholder perks (with a FREE ticket and Express Access) in Universal here!
What are your favorite places to eat in the Universal Parks? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS! Universal Orlando’s New Jurassic Park Coaster Officially Has a Name and Opening Date!
- The Best Harry Potter Quotes for Your Wizarding World Instagram Captions
- AllEars TV: Halloween at Universal is the Opposite of Halloween at Disney World.
- BREAKING NEWS! Universal’s Modified Halloween Horror Nights Will Continue on Select Nights!
- That’s A LOT of Halloween Horror Nights Fans! Here’s What the Crowds Looked Like in Universal Orlando Today!
- CANDY ALERT! The Grown-Ups Can Go Trick-or-Treating Too with Our FULL GUIDE to Universal Orlando’s Scarecrow Stalk!
- We’re Giving You a Look at Even MORE Halloween Horror Nights Sips and Snacks in Universal Orlando (With the Grand Return of Twisted Taters)!
- Everything You Need to Know About the Halloween Horror Nights Houses at Universal Orlando!
- Missing Those Themed Halloween Horror Nights Cocktails? This Universal Resort Will Satisfy Your Cravings with TWO New Sips This Fall!
- NEWS: Universal Orlando Files to Extend Furlough for 5,400 Employees