In celebration of Disneyland’s 65th Anniversary on July 17, a new line of merchandise was released last week at World of Disney during the grand reopening of Downtown Disney.
It was also announced that those merchandise items, which include a new spirit jersey, Minnie Ears, and more, will be available for purchase online, starting at 10:00 AM PST today.
When the collection launched online this morning, the response was rapid as tens of thousands of shoppers hopped into a virtual queue for their opportunity to claim these special edition items. So many shoppers joined the line that it has needed to be paused from time to time.
One of the most highly sought out items was the Commemorative Coin, which was sold out as of 11:49 AM PST.
Soon after, the Loungefly Mini Backpack and the Disneyland Marquee-Boxed Jumbo Pin were also sold out.
This anniversary is particularly unique in that Disneyland will be closed on July 17. The parks were originally scheduled to have their grand reopening on the exact anniversary date, but those plans ended up being delayed until further notice.
We will continue to monitor this story and will provide updates as we learn more!
Did you attempt to purchase items from the 65th Anniversary collection today? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World