Good afternoon from Epcot, where we’ve been checking on construction to see how the Park’s epic transformation is coming. We told you recently about a new restroom coming to the pathway between Future World (someday to be World Celebration) and World Showcase, and now there’s been substantial progress in the space next to it.
When we visited this spot last week, we saw some materials and what might have been the start of a structure behind the dark construction fencing. But we could only speculate on what might be coming.
Now the space has a noticeable addition: a structure with what appear to be signs covered in black cloth. It doesn’t appear this is a permanent structure — more like a festival food booth than a long-term building.
But a close up reveals a modern aesthetic that combines rustic wood and black accents. Given the signs and the modern design that mimics Starbucks in other areas of Walt Disney World, we’re relatively sure this will be the Park’s new temporary Starbucks location.
If that pans out, it’s been a long time coming! Walls went up around Starbucks’ original location in Fountain View back in September.
No official announcement has been made about this new structure, so we’re just sharing our best guess. We’ll watch this space and update when we know for sure what’s in store!
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being over-the-moon excited, how do you feel about Epcot’s transformation? Let us know in the comments!
Learn more about Epcot's transformation at the links below!
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Progress for EPCOT’s Harmonious and Main Entrance Fountain!
- Celebrate the Future of EPCOT With This Behind-the-Scenes Video From a Disney Imagineer!
- PHOTOS: Disney Shared a First Look at EPCOT’s New Main Entrance Fountain!
- What Disney DIDN’T Answer During Their Quarterly Earnings Report!
- News! Disney Has Postposed 2 Big EPCOT Attractions!
- NEWS! Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Revealed He’s Working on the New Coaster in Disney World!
- Rumored World Showcase Attractions That We Would Totally Be On Board For at EPCOT