Yesterday, the groundbreaking ceremony was held for the 349-room addition.
Fred Sawyers, general manager of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort stated The Cove will be oriented around attracting and hosting groups, events, and conventions that have outgrown the capacity of the Swan and Dolphin .
Sawyers added that the Swan and Dolphin were going to do “about 5 percent more in occupancy this year than we’ve ever done before.”
It was previously announced that the new Tower will feature:
- More than 21,000 square feet of meeting space on three floors, including the top floor, which will offer views of Disney’s nightly fireworks at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- 198 traditional rooms and 151 suites offering private executive meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- a 75-seat restaurant, including a 50-seat lounge and bar area and additional space for other functions.
- a full-service health club with private changing rooms.
- a landscaped, 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and 90-foot long pool.
The Cove is expected to open in 2020.
Remember! When you’re in Disney tag us @allearsnet in your photos!
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any exciting Disney news!