Reviews of My Disney Experience

Plan your trip to WDW, make dining reservations, obtain FastPass+ and more.

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 06/29/2015

I find the MDE app/site is constantly down for technical difficulties. This makes it very frustrating for the guest trying to make reservations or a change to their itinerary. I have also found the WiFi in the parks and resorts to be excruciatingly slow, which adds to the frustration. The biggest issue is when Disney has a special promo (like free dining) going on. Then, you can forget about the site working at all, because it can't seem to handle the abundance of reservations trying to be made. Once Disney can work out all the kinks, things should be more effective.

Pros:

Having Reservations in one Place

Cons:

Constantly Having Site Issues

Reviewed by alexia9694 Review Date: 09/18/2014

I was logged into My Disney Experience at 11:59pm ready to reserve my family's fast passes at midnight, exactly 60 days before our arrival in November. Imagine my shock when the new/ big rides/ parades were CLOSED to any further fast pass distribution for the ENTIRE week. No Toy Story Mania fast pass. No Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. No wishes, etc , etc, etc.. Since resort guests are eligible to reserve 60 days out from the first day of their vacation for their ebtire stay(up to 10 days)guests arriving a few days before us were allowed to book a few days before us. I know the old kiosks will NEVER be brought back but Disney needs to find a way to make the fast pass distribution more fair for everyone. At least the old way every guest was given the same opportunity to obtain fast passes at the same time, park opening until times are all taken. If you didn't get one it's because of your choice not to make it on time. I have no choice with the new system. Is it possible another family cancels their fast passes for something we want at the exact same time I am online checking ,once again ,if anything opened up for one of the rides that actually needs a fast pass? I guess anything is possible:) but not likely. At least we have fast passes for Monsters inc . LOL!! Get it together Disney or you will lose another family of regular visitors.

Pros:

Cons:

Fast pass distribution online

Reviewed by featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/02/2014

First I need to say my phone only got reception about 6 hours a day. It seemed to take forever to get information. We were not able to change any plans with the app but it may just have been my phone carrier. But wait times did make deciding what to ride much easier.

Pros:

Wait times

Cons:

It took for ever to bring up information

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/23/2014

I think MDE is a good concept if only they could get all the bugs worked out. I like having all my reservations and such in one place...but the app is so incredibly slow and frustrating to use. They say you can use it to update FP+ in the parks but it is such a hassle to do. Then of course, there are the times when ALL reservations disappear from MDE, or it forgets that it really does know your password. Once they manage to get it working consistently, I think this would be a great benefit to vacationers.

Pros:

Good to have everything in one place

Cons:

App is super slow and frustrating

Reviewed by xxjess10 Review Date: 08/21/2014

The ease of access that Disney provides for you is excellent. I find myself looking up the wait times for rides even when I'm not in the parks - it's just fun to marvel at some of them! I love how the app now keeps track of the fastpasses that you make throughout the day, although I found sometimes it was late in notifying me that a fastpass had been cancelled. I also think it'd be really helpful if the app included a system of keeping track of your dining credits if you are on a Disney dining plan, as we tended to horde receipts throughout the trip. Another thing we wished for was a bus locator - sometimes it was really disheartening to just wait and wait for buses, especially when all you want to do is get to the parks! Other than that, it was very user-friendly and helpful.

Pros:

Wait times, keep track of your fastpasses, full of info

Cons:

Didn't update fastpasses always right on time

Reviewed by dailey71 Review Date: 06/15/2014

This was helpful with keeping track of fast passes and dinner reservations. We didn't have any issues with it at all. It was great to be able to see wait times for rides on the other side the park.

Pros:

real time ride wait times

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 05/30/2014

I have reviewed this before and it continues to perform poorly at best in the parks. This is where you need it. I could not add, change or cancel fast passes at all. Extremely frustrating.

Reviewed by JulesRits Review Date: 05/28/2014

I haven't been to Disney since they implemented this whole new system, and I am very impressed with this new website. It used to take hours to navigate the old Disney dining system, and even more time on the phone.
I made 7 ADR's in less than a half an hour.

Pros:

Easy to Navigate website

Reviewed by Heidtd Review Date: 04/08/2014

I basically LOVED this! I used to have to print/write down ADR confirmation numbers/ and my husband was constantly running around with our park passes to get fastpasses at the various machines. This is so much better - had the day planned out and changing fastpass times was very easy with my resident teenager. Also was able to get a last minute Chef Mickey reservation while we were waiting on the runway for the gate to open in Orlando! Very cool - we hadn't been able to get a reservation earlier, so someone must have cancelled. Love the wait times as well. This made the whole vacation so much more organized!

Pros:

All info in one place

Cons:

System was down periodically

Reviewed by tink Review Date: 04/04/2014

I used the web site to make fast pass+ res before arrival. Making them was no problem, but sometimes when I would check them another day, I would get a message saying it couldn't locate them, but they were on the phone app. When I went back to the web site again, they were there. I changed some fast pass+ res while in the park. Using the phone app. to change only the experience or time is easy, but I don't know if you can change both if no experiences are available for the exact time. Is there a way to see ahead of time what times are available for something, before you decide to change it. I also like being able to check wait times when I am home with the phone app, just to see what the wait times are in Disney World.

Pros:

able to make fastpass+ res or changes w/o waiting in line

Cons:

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)