Reviews of My Disney Experience

Plan your trip to WDW, make dining reservations, obtain FastPass+ and more.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/29/2020

Honestly, the last time I went to disney was last April, but I still think this was extremely helpful. From Fast Passes to wait times for different attractions, it helped my day go smoother and allowed me to spend more time having fun with friends rather than worrying about having to wait in a long line miserably. As long as you know what you're doing, it's worth it.

Pros:

Know wait times (able to go to more attractions with faster wait times) Quickly find fast passes

Cons:

A slight difficulty navigating (but that's from the perspective of a teen)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/17/2020

I will never visit Disney World without participating with the My Disney Experience. It was easy to use, it helped me keep in track of my dining reservations, fast passes and it simply allowed my family to enjoy our time together.

Pros:

Time saved at the park allowed me to get my fast passes and dining reservation

Cons:

sometimes issues with the password when opening the program

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Convenient to have all plans in one place.

Pros:

Can see all your predetermined plans in one app. Can schedule right from the app too. Even easier to use than before.

Cons:

If you are having problems with your phone, it can be a hassle.

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

The website is FABULOUS for planning. I could not go without it. I have always had trouble with the app though. It seems like unless you have the most recent iphone it just crashes constantly.

Pros:

priceless trip organizer/planner

Cons:

terrible app

Reviewed by herod11 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Love this. You are able to see all your reservations and tickets. You can make reservations, pay on your bill, link other people in your group that are going with you.

Pros:

Great site to help you get organized and see what you have planned and reserved.

Cons:

A little hard to navigate and sometimes the site is down.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Great when it is working. two years ago we linked with friends and the site went
down when I was linking with them. It replaced my husband with my girlfriend and it took a year to clear up the problem. Disney made up for it though each time it happened with other perks. Worst part was standing in line at guest services to get it corrected each time it happened.

Pros:

great when it works

Cons:

glitches

Reviewed by Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

The app is very helpful when it comes to navigating the parks, checking wait times, checking show times, checking character experiences, and instantly previewing your photo pass pictures. During my last trip, I could only see the map for Magic Kingdom. This was a minor annoyance and kept my rating from a 10.

Pros:

Convenience, efficiency, one stop shop for all the information you need, helps you plan your day once you are in the parks

Cons:

Did not display maps for all parks

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

I have gone to Disney regularly for about 25 years so I have see multiple changes throughout the park and system. I do like the app and feel like it is keeping with the times. I know people miss the paper fast pass machines but I don't miss them that much now that I have figured out how to manage FP+ and I do that from the app. Of course, if app crashes, then it is very frustrating! I travel with 2-3 teens typically so everyone has a phone. And everyone brings a battery back to charge from as well so we don't worry about any phone being dead ever. (We bring one backpack with our supplies for the day and take turns carrying it.) I use the app mainly for managing Fast Passes and checking wait times. When I was chaperoning a school trip that performed and then had 3-4 hours in EPCOT, our group was the most accomplished of getting in rides. Performers don't get a ticket on day of performing - they enter from backstage in the countries. So fast passes aren't possible. Just by using the app and checking waits we could have a plan of attack. The group agreed on 3 must do's and we got all of those plus a couple others in.

Pros:

Convenient

Cons:

Frustrating when not functioning correctly

Reviewed by Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

That was my starting point to plan my trip to WDW. It can be really overwhelming with so much information avaliable all over Internet, so having a solid and easy place to start makes all the blog and forum research even better.

Pros:

It has everything you need to know for the time of your visit. Park times, refurbishment, details about attractions. You can keep your plans, reservations, fast passes, hotel details. I like the layout, it's super easy to find what you want to know and also fun, since you can customize it.

Cons:

If there's any change or update going on, it might be a little instable.

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I really like the app. It can be a little buggy at times, but they usually fix it soon.

Pros:

Can do practicality everything in one place

Cons:

Can be buggy and new releases can take time to get used to.

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)