Reviews of My Disney Experience

Plan your trip to WDW, make dining reservations, obtain FastPass+ and more.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

We've used the MDE app on our last few trips to WDW. Although we've experienced trouble with app crashes, less than accurate wait times, and major battery life drainage we still find it both helpful and useful. On our most recent trip, which was planned last minute, we traveled without a dining package. We gladly took advantage of the online ordering and were very pleased with the service. Skipping the wait lines for food with a toddler was extremely beneficial. Traveling with a toddler also means you have been flexible so the convenience and ease of modifying FPs was a relief as well. Having all of our account and travel information readily available in the app was helpful and prevented me from having to carry my planning notes into the park each day. It could use some tweaks but overall is helpful and easy to use.

Pros:

online ordering FP selection and modifications vacation plans easily organized digital park maps

Cons:

app crashes inaccurate wait times drains battery life

Reviewed by Diana K Review Date: 09/28/2018

This app does have issues sometimes, but refreshing and restarting helps, as does for most apps that act up on mobile phones. I was on data the entire time, so I can't speak to how it worked on Disney's Wifi. I love the mobile ordering, makes it so much faster to get food! Wait times are helpful, especially when a ride is down. It's much easier to check the app than to walk over to the other side of a park to see it's operational again. I also loved the bus times in the app. That also made getting ready to leave the room much less stressful. We also used them for leavng the park. We just took a look about 15-20 mins before we'd be at the bus stop in park and would usually be able to see the estimated arrival time of the bus from the hotel, which would be only a minute before arriving to take us back. I only had waits times go down on me twice, and not for very long. Fastpass always worked, albeit with a slight delay in updating changes. Refreshing works though, my friends.

Pros:

Mobile ordering, bus times, wait times

Cons:

glitches

Reviewed by Jane Buie Review Date: 09/27/2018

Love it - I keep it open on my desktop, even when we don't have a trip near. It gives me the ability to view plans or decide on new plans. I have an older iphone so it doesn't come up really fast while I'm in the parks but I keep others nearby who can access our plans... AND I keep a paper print out if we are there for a week or more.

Pros:

Simplification as long as your internet devices work

Cons:

Simplification as long as your internet devices work

Reviewed by Trent McClaskey Review Date: 09/27/2018

When I started to use the app in its infancy, I didn't find it all that useful, my next trips I was using the app much more, the latest trip it was so a blessing to use the mobile ordering, and the menus. Hoping that more menus appear as not all of them were available yet (less than 10% of the places I looked for food). Ride wait times is still not accurate, many times the rides were longer (This was annoying when walking through MK) or shorter than the app was showing.

Pros:

Mobile Ordering is excellent

Cons:

Ride Wait times not accurate, fast pass management can remove reservations if a time overlaps.

Reviewed by Beth Review Date: 09/26/2018

The website is fine, but the app is quite glitchy and lacking, although it is nice to have most of my reservations in one place. I do dislike that you can't connect certain special events to MDE, like tours. The website does also fail to impress when it comes to PhotoPass. It has very little capability to sort photos and you have to scroll all the way down to see your most recent pictures. The downloading function is also pretty finicky. You have to either download EVERY photo, or go through one at a time to download each photo. Very time consuming.

Pros:

convenient features

Cons:

glitchy, counter-intuitive, time-consuming

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

easy to navigate

Pros:

only way I do anything Disney

Reviewed by Richard Parsons Review Date: 09/26/2018

Have used My Disney Experience 3 times and will use again. has everything you need for planning trip. Room booking, Park Hopper tickets, plane reservations, dining reservations, fast passes, Magical Express passes. An the Magical countdown till trip. WOOHOO!!!

Pros:

Don\\'t need to go anyplace else.

Cons:

Would be great to get a look at total price of package allowing you to look at several resorts before making deciding.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 07/07/2017

The Disney app has worked well for me in the past, and worked well this time until the last day of our trip, when we were park-hopping and could certainly have used additional fastpasses. The app just stopped working. Could it have been my phone? Sure, I suppose, but I re-booted the phone completely, to no avail, and every other app on my phone worked just fine. Very frustrating.

Pros:

Worked well, for a while

Cons:

App stopped working

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 10/09/2015

MDE worked very well on a recent trip; allowed us to make change son the fly to fastpasses, and when we had to cut our trip short unexpectedly, the reminder emails of meal reservations allowed us to easily cancel all reservations and fastpasses that we wold not be able to use.

Pros:

Worked well, easy to use

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 09/08/2015

The idea behind MDE is sound. Give people control of their entire vacation at their fingertips.

The implementation is horrendous. I'll give you two examples, but I could go one for pages about this terrible product.

I took a couple to Disney, friends that I hardly get to spend time with. They had never been to WDW and knew nothing about it, so I was the person in charge of planning (before MDE, I used to enjoy the planning; now it's become a chore). When I booked the rooms, I was told that I had to give them the names of the people staying in each room. My warning bells were going off, so I asked if I could still make changes to the reservations once I did this. I was assured that I could. When I later called back to alter the reservation, I was told that the second room was reserved in the name of the other couple, and I couldn't change it. I explained that not only had I made the reservation but also that I had paid for it. No matter, this reservation was not mine to change. On the third attempt I was told that I could change "their" reservation is I could supply his address, phone number, or social security number. Problem is, I was working in Saudi Arabia at the time, and I didn't want to leave anyone else's personal data around unsecured, so I didn't have it available.

Flash forward, to when I'm planning another trip with my girlfriend. I noticed that the couple mentioned above were still on my MDE account. I tried to delete them...but I couldn't. I called Disney, and I was told that once I've added someone to my MDE account, they're they forever. I told them that when I wanted to make FastPass reservations for the upcoming trip I didn't want to be slowed by by having to deselect this couple. Tough; I've added them to my account, and that's final. I did finally get them removed, but it took four phone calls, plus the approval of the CEO apparently, to accomplish this.

And that's really my beef. This system is supposed to give the user control of the vacation, but what it really does is consolidate control of the vacation with Disney. They get all your information, and lots of benefits that go along with that, and I was willing to give them this information in exchange for flexibility and ease of use. MDE is neither flexible no easy to use.

Pros:

All information is consolidated

Cons:

Where do I start...

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)