Reviews of My Disney Experience

Plan your trip to WDW, make dining reservations, obtain FastPass+ and more.

Reviewed by dailey71 Review Date: 06/15/2014

This was helpful with keeping track of fast passes and dinner reservations. We didn't have any issues with it at all. It was great to be able to see wait times for rides on the other side the park.

Pros:

real time ride wait times

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 05/16/2013

I am glad to see they seem to have worked out the kinks with the "Touch to Pay" system. They installed it literally the day we arrived last December and everyone (cast and guests) were clueless as how to use it.

This time around it was so much easier, particularly with the pre-selected pin. There were only a couple of places I still had to sign after entering the pin, though I'm not sure why.

I also love the My Magic app for iPhone simply for it's ease of making and changing dining reservations.

Reviewed by alexia9694 Review Date: 09/18/2014

I was logged into My Disney Experience at 11:59pm ready to reserve my family's fast passes at midnight, exactly 60 days before our arrival in November. Imagine my shock when the new/ big rides/ parades were CLOSED to any further fast pass distribution for the ENTIRE week. No Toy Story Mania fast pass. No Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. No wishes, etc , etc, etc.. Since resort guests are eligible to reserve 60 days out from the first day of their vacation for their ebtire stay(up to 10 days)guests arriving a few days before us were allowed to book a few days before us. I know the old kiosks will NEVER be brought back but Disney needs to find a way to make the fast pass distribution more fair for everyone. At least the old way every guest was given the same opportunity to obtain fast passes at the same time, park opening until times are all taken. If you didn't get one it's because of your choice not to make it on time. I have no choice with the new system. Is it possible another family cancels their fast passes for something we want at the exact same time I am online checking ,once again ,if anything opened up for one of the rides that actually needs a fast pass? I guess anything is possible:) but not likely. At least we have fast passes for Monsters inc . LOL!! Get it together Disney or you will lose another family of regular visitors.

Pros:

Cons:

Fast pass distribution online

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 05/30/2014

I have reviewed this before and it continues to perform poorly at best in the parks. This is where you need it. I could not add, change or cancel fast passes at all. Extremely frustrating.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 07/07/2017

The Disney app has worked well for me in the past, and worked well this time until the last day of our trip, when we were park-hopping and could certainly have used additional fastpasses. The app just stopped working. Could it have been my phone? Sure, I suppose, but I re-booted the phone completely, to no avail, and every other app on my phone worked just fine. Very frustrating.

Pros:

Worked well, for a while

Cons:

App stopped working

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 09/08/2015

The idea behind MDE is sound. Give people control of their entire vacation at their fingertips.

The implementation is horrendous. I'll give you two examples, but I could go one for pages about this terrible product.

I took a couple to Disney, friends that I hardly get to spend time with. They had never been to WDW and knew nothing about it, so I was the person in charge of planning (before MDE, I used to enjoy the planning; now it's become a chore). When I booked the rooms, I was told that I had to give them the names of the people staying in each room. My warning bells were going off, so I asked if I could still make changes to the reservations once I did this. I was assured that I could. When I later called back to alter the reservation, I was told that the second room was reserved in the name of the other couple, and I couldn't change it. I explained that not only had I made the reservation but also that I had paid for it. No matter, this reservation was not mine to change. On the third attempt I was told that I could change "their" reservation is I could supply his address, phone number, or social security number. Problem is, I was working in Saudi Arabia at the time, and I didn't want to leave anyone else's personal data around unsecured, so I didn't have it available.

Flash forward, to when I'm planning another trip with my girlfriend. I noticed that the couple mentioned above were still on my MDE account. I tried to delete them...but I couldn't. I called Disney, and I was told that once I've added someone to my MDE account, they're they forever. I told them that when I wanted to make FastPass reservations for the upcoming trip I didn't want to be slowed by by having to deselect this couple. Tough; I've added them to my account, and that's final. I did finally get them removed, but it took four phone calls, plus the approval of the CEO apparently, to accomplish this.

And that's really my beef. This system is supposed to give the user control of the vacation, but what it really does is consolidate control of the vacation with Disney. They get all your information, and lots of benefits that go along with that, and I was willing to give them this information in exchange for flexibility and ease of use. MDE is neither flexible no easy to use.

Pros:

All information is consolidated

Cons:

Where do I start...

Reviewed by mcmouse Review Date: 03/29/2014

Took me a while to navigate through when making fastpasses. Needs to be more user friendly with less steps involved. Dining ressies were done more easily. Could never tell whether my passes and ressies were linked because half the time it said their server was busy. Had to call Disney myself to see if everything was linked. This, as well as Fast Pass + needs some tweaking.

Pros:

has lots of info

Cons:

needs some streamlining

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 06/29/2015

I find the MDE app/site is constantly down for technical difficulties. This makes it very frustrating for the guest trying to make reservations or a change to their itinerary. I have also found the WiFi in the parks and resorts to be excruciatingly slow, which adds to the frustration. The biggest issue is when Disney has a special promo (like free dining) going on. Then, you can forget about the site working at all, because it can't seem to handle the abundance of reservations trying to be made. Once Disney can work out all the kinks, things should be more effective.

Pros:

Having Reservations in one Place

Cons:

Constantly Having Site Issues

Reviewed by Ckerr Review Date: 02/21/2014

I recently just changed my daughter's profile on my Disney Experience friends and family page and even though my daughter is 9 and her birthday is correct, when I put in her birthday updated my reservation details on the my Disney experience page to show her age as 14......since when does 2004 to 2014 equal 14 years? Once you put in someone's birthday you can not change it, you need to sit on hold waiting for tech support to change it. I enjoy that my Disney Experience allows you to link everything for your vacation together in one place, but it would be nice if it was a little easier to update information....especially when the system's calendar is a little confused on it's years. Still super excited for my daughter's first visit to Disney World in April!!!

Pros:

Links everything together

Cons:

difficult to change some information

Reviewed by TuckMan Review Date: 02/18/2014

The website was a little awkward, but it was nice to be able to link plans, tickets and reservations ahead of time. This part worked pretty well.

The newly released app is much better than the previous app, which was almost useless. I think the system gets a little overloaded in the park on busy days though.

Pros:

Linking Tickets, Reservations to Wristband at Home

Cons:

App Has lots of glitches in park use

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)