Reviews of Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

New Fantasyland Expansion

Read prices, menu items, and more about Be Our Guest

Services: Table Service , Quick Service , Kiosk

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/16/2020

This was our 3rd time eating lunch at the Be Our Guest restaurant. We arrived right on time for our 12:50 reservation only to be met by something we've not previously experienced, a long line to wait in. It seems on our day, Feb 10, those who ordered their meal online in advance were having issues or the system was having issues with the orders. I would much prefer Disney return to the previous version of ordering. My wife and I ordered the usual, carved turkey. She ordered the veggies in lieu of fries. They were mushy and gross. The turkey was good. I'm not sure it's worth the price at this point. It's definitely better than some of the restaurants in MK, but more expensive.

Pros:

Food quality

Cons:

Ordering process

Reviewed by AdventurelandFan Review Date: 02/15/2020

As a reasonable fan of Beauty and the Beast, I expected to like this much-hyped location. But it was, in January of 2020 at least, the absolute worst experience I had on the whole property. The fries I had were cold, thin, and over-fried. They were ... challenging for my teeth, to say the least. The sandwich was utterly forgettable. And the onion soup was nearly as expensive as what you can find in Chefs de France in EPCOT, but orders of magnitude worse. (Seriously do not order the onion soup here. You're just throwing money away that you could be applying to the best onion soup you've ever had over in France.)

The theming is overtly fake and plasticky. I don't even think it does particular justice to the parts of the movie it's trying to depict. Most disappointing is the rose under glass. On not-that-close inspection it's no more complicated than an LED Christmas ornament.

To try to explain the theming disappointment, it's perhaps useful to compare it to the Tangled bathroom area/transition zone close to the Haunted Mansion. Both it and Be Our Guest are rough contemporaries in Fantasyland, but the theming in the Tangled area has a nuance that Be Our Guest lacks. There's a gradation to the coloring of buildings that occurs in the Tangled area that makes them look somehow more real, more sophisticated. The bathrooms have authentic frying pans on the wall that aren't explained. There are wanted posters, cleverly written, for various characters in the movie. And the pavement leading up to the area has hoof prints implied to have been made by the key horse in the film. It's not that the area tries to recreate scenes, but rather to put you into the world of Tangled.

By contrast, Be Our Guest seems much less sophisticated. It's actually trying to recreate scenes, with each room being a different phase of the film. But it's both too on-the-nose and less artful than what's going on in the Tangled area. On the whole, I was left severely disappointed in the theming, which made the poor food quality all the more inexcusable.

The whole place feels to me as if it needs refurbishment, giving priority to the live-action version rather than the original animated film. Making it look like the Emma Watson version of the film, and breaking it up into the several more rooms seen in that film — along with gloomy mood lighting — would do wonders for this restaurant.

I can't fairly comment on what the service is like, since there isn't any during lunch to speak of. Nor is that something that should be fairly judged as a deficit for this location — it's counter service at lunch, so genuine service from waiters shouldn't be expected. Still the name of the restaurant does make you think you're getting some sort of treatment that will make you think you're a guest of some kind. Instead, the lack of service and the big rooms full of cramped tables does make it feel like a school cafeteria more than a restaurant.

Common wisdom about this place is to go for lunch. It's the cheapest way to get in and see the theming. But the theming is completely missable, and the price for lunch is actually too high for what you're getting. I wouldn't discount the possibility that one day I might do the full-service dinner here — just to see if it becomes more true to its namesake.

But I wouldn't go back for lunch — even if someone else were paying. It's genuinely that bad. Even if you have kids that love Beauty and the Beast, don't indulge them here. Almost every quick service joint in the whole of WDW is better than this. Go to Galaxy's Edge. Go to World Showcase. Heck, just go around the corner to Main Street USA. Go on a monorail and get off at the Poly.

Do ANYTHING to avoid lunch here.

Pros:

None — though I've not experienced the full-service dinner, which may be much better, if significantly more expensive.

Cons:

Theming, inability to in any way evoke the "Be Our Guest" sequence from the film, pricing way too high for the quality of the nearly-inedible food. Wholly overhyped location.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2020

The food was fine and the castle is so neat. I have been here for dinner but the food was just not worth what they charged. It is just so crowded In this restaurant. My party was large and so though we were all on same reservation, our food came at different times.

Pros:

Neat theming. Neat enough that I would receive at least once.

Cons:

Food is not great, so crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/06/2020

Fast casual dining

Pros:

Good food people take care of you well

Cons:

To long to wait even with a reservation have to order food for lunch on computer had a group of 8 ordered on 3 seperate computers and the food didnt come out at the same time when food was ordered and placed at the same time. Not well planned

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/31/2020

I find it so strange when people constantly are recommending this restaurant. The only pro is being inside beasts castle! The food is far far far from good!

Pros:

In beasts castle, mobile order ahead of time, grey stuff

Cons:

Food was far from great, cold

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/21/2020

My wife and I both had the Spring chicken salad whis was good. What she wanted was the French onion soup but was told she could not have that as a QS choice but would have to pay for it.

Pros:

Salads were good. Pretty setting.

Cons:

Soup not an option for QS.

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/27/2019

We had lunch here a few weeks ago and went in with low expectations. However, we had a very good experience. All the cast members were attentive, friendly, and helpful.

I can review that I had the French onion soup and the ahi tuna salad. The soup was a little salty but super cheesy and I enjoyed it. The salad...was...TERRIFIC! I mean it- that salad was terrific. They did not short me on the tuna nor any other item. It was perfect for lunch. My DH claimed his ham sandwich was too hard (nearly burned bread) but otherwise enjoyed his lunch as well. It's a fascinating experience if you haven't tried it!

Pros:

Food, Ambiance, Cast Members

Cons:

Crowded, Noisy

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 09/27/2019

My party of 6 ate lunch here on 9/7. My D got the gluten free roll for her Carved Turkey Sandwich, she says it was "Amazing" H and DS got the Croque Monsieur and liked it, DS and I got the Coq a Vin my son loved it. I liked it the pork was better, but now it's the ok chicken. Going to breakfast next time!

Pros:

This is a must do for us if we can get in! It's so pretty and we really love Beauty and the Beast.

Cons:

Lunch is the most affordable but if you're on the DDP then breakfast is a great use of your cs credit.

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/07/2019

Be Our Guest is a very nice restaurant to visit. The meal at lunch is in some ways the best if you are not on the Dining plan since there are many meals that are not priced too high and you can see the beautiful setting. We ordered two turkey sandwiches and one beef dip. My younger daughter did not like anything on the menu and brought in a meal from Friar Tucks that she enjoyed. My husband and older daughter loved their sandwiches. For me, the turkey sandwich is just ok. It took a very long time for our meal to arrive and the person next to us was very upset when her meal arrived as it looked like her friend had finished her meal for a long time and she had been waiting. This has happened to us before. We didn't order dessert this time however we have in the past and the cupcakes are all delicious.

Pros:

Beautiful setting

Cons:

slow service limited menu

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 08/23/2019

We went to Be Our Guest for lunch ( my husband and two daughters ages 17 and 13 years). My husband ate the French dip which he really liked and my older daughter and I had the turkey sandwich with fries. She loved her meal and this is her favourite meal and that is why we went there. She also had the chocolate cupcake which was good. I don’t love turkey but I thought it was ok. There wasn’t anything else that I would eat so I went with the turkey. The coq Au vin looked very good as did the creme brûlée. My younger daughter doesn’t like the menu at all so we ordered something elsewhere for her. The vegetables they include instead of fries includes a white bean and it tasted weird. The service was also very slow and much slower than normal. My daughter received her cupcake before everything else and we ordered thst after our main meal. Also they make you wait on the bridge which is very hot and sunny whereas most places you wait in an air conditioned building.

Pros:

Tasty food

Cons:

Limited menu