Walt Disney World Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash Recipe
Pickled Jalapeno Peppers:
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 cup sliced jalapenos
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1. In a medium sized bowl, add onions and jalapenos.
2. In a small saucepan, combine white vinegar, water, sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, garlic, and coriander. Cook over high heat until mixture boils.
3. Pour brine over onions and jalapenos. Cover and refridgerate for at least 24 hours.
White Cheddar Cheese Fondue:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno papper
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and saute 5-8 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
2. Add flour, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes. Do not allow mixture to brown.
3. Add cream, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until simmering.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes, until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Add hot sauce.
6. Slowly add cheese, stirring constantly, 3-5 minutes, until it’s melted and creamy.
7. Add jalapeno peppers. Keep warm until serving!
Burnt Ends Brisket Hash:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced polano pepper
- 2 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups smoked beef brisket, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat canola oil in large satue pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until oil is simmering.
2. Carefully add potatoes. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes or until they are golden and cooked through.
3. Add remaining veggies, and cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in beef brisket and season with salt and pepper.
TO SERVE DISH:
Evenly divide burnt ends mixture among plates. Topp with white cheddar cheese fondue, and garnish with pickled jalapeno peppers.
Recipe from official “The Best of Epcot Festivals” 2016 edition cookbook by Pam Brandon and the Disney chefs.