Hurricane Ian tore across Florida primarily yesterday, and its impacts continue to be felt.
Disney World closed its theme parks and water parks for September 28th and 29th, Universal Orlando also announced some short closures, warnings have been issued about life-threatening floods for Central Florida, and the Orlando Airport is still closed. Now we’ve got another update on just what’s going on in the Most Magical Place on Earth.
Disney World has issued an update on Hurricane Ian via Twitter. In the statement, Disney shared that they are thinking of their neighbors across Florida and noted that they will “be there to help” the Cast Members and community.
In terms of park operations, Disney shared that their theme parks and “other operating areas” remain closed today, September 29th, while “crews assess the impact of the storm and clear debris.” Disney then thanked the Cast Members who continue to care for all of the guests still staying at Disney World hotels.
You can read the full statement below.
Interestingly, Disney did NOT say anything to indicate whether the parks will continue any kind of closure into September 30th. Thus far, they have only shared that the parks and Disney Springs will be closed on September 29th. We have seen, however, that all Disney World park passes appear to be unavailable for booking on September 30th. Again, Disney has NOT stated that the parks will be closed on the 30th, but we will be on the lookout for updates.
For more details about the hurricane, you can check out our posts below.
More Stories About the Storm
- Disney World Lost $65 Million Due to Hurricane Ian
- Tolls Return to Expressways Around Disney World
- How YOU Can Help Hurricane Ian Relief Efforts By Visiting a Florida Theme Park
- 9 BIG Changes That Happened Last Month in Disney World
- NEW Dates Have Been Added for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights!
- NEW Storms Are Developing in the Tropics — Could They Impact Disney World?
- NEWS: Orlando Residents Urged To Limit Water Usage After Hurricane Ian
- What You Can Do to Help After Hurricane Ian
- Disney World Closes, a Figment Movie, and More News You Missed
- NEWS: Full Reopening Details Revealed for Universal Orlando
We’re continuing to look for updates and we’ll share those with you.
Have you been to Disney World during a big storm? Tell us in the comments.