For many, the holiday season is synonymous with one word: travel. The Thanksgiving holiday is one of the busiest weeks of the year for airports, freeways, and hotels, and 2021 is no exception.
According to WESH, AAA has reported that an estimated 53 million people will be traveling this Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and a decent amount of those travelers will pass through Orlando International Airport!
In fact, according to MCO, more than 930,000 travelers — that’s right almost 1 million travelers — will pass through their terminals between today and next Tuesday, November 30th.
The busiest days of this #Thanksgiving travel period have arrived with more than 930k travelers passing through today until Tuesday, 11/30. If you’re one of our travelers please make sure to plan ahead, arrive early and pack your patience. pic.twitter.com/8Hrzn74pOE
— Orlando International Airport (@MCO) November 24, 2021
If your holiday plans involve driving, you’ll be in good company, with a reported 90% of those 53 million travelers hitting the road this week. This is despite the fact that gas prices are approaching high records. Whether you chose to fly or drive to Disney World for the Thanksgiving holiday, the crowds have definitely arrived in the theme parks.
For many, this may be the first holiday since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic where they will be able to gather with family and friends, lending itself to a huge volume of travelers passing through airports and roadways. If you’re traveling this week, be sure to pack your patience!
Are you currently in Disney World for the Thanksgiving holiday? Let us know in the comments!
More of the Latest News
- BREAKING: Walt Disney Company Announces Replacement for Chairman Bob Iger
- NEWS: Walt Disney Imagineering Names a New President
- Find Out How to Win DAILY Disney Prizes in December
- Complete List of U.S. Travel Restrictions and Advisories Related to COVID-19 Omicron Strain
- Why the Disney Company’s Move to Florida is Such a Big Deal
- NEWS: WHO Advises Select Individuals to Avoid Travel Due to New COVID-19 Strain
- NEWS: Disney Stores Update Their Face Mask Policies
- Save Up to 35% Off Disney on Ice Tickets for a Limited Time!
- How Disney Genie Defines the Bob Chapek Era
- Where in the World #715
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!