While you still can’t get autographs or walk up to Mickey and friends for a hug, you can take some selfies and chat with these characters in their themed settings from a distance. And now, Disney has put something in place that’ll make seeing your favorite characters a little bit easier to plan into your day.
Earlier today, we took a look at the My Disney Experience app, specifically the section where you can take a look at and use the FREE Disney Genie planning service. In the tip board section of that portion of the app, we didn’t really see these character sightings listed.
But, when we searched in the app for things starting with the word “see,” quite a few of the character sightings popped up.
We then clicked on them individually and saw that the app now lists the standby wait time for these modified character meet-and-greets. For example, when we looked, the standby wait to see Mickey was just 5 minutes.
The app also shows the full hours during which this character sighting will be available, and you can also add it to the plans for your day.
You can see the standby wait times and other information for the sighting of Cinderella and a visiting princess at Princess Fairytale Hall…
…and for the sighting of Princess Tiana and a visiting princess at Princess Fairytale Hall.
So, if you’re using My Disney Experience to help plan your day, now you can look at these character sightings to know just what the estimated standby wait time is before you walk over to the experience itself. That can help you as you’re going through the park and planning what activities to do next.
If the wait time is short and you want to head over there, you can make your way there quickly. If, on the other hand, the wait is a bit longer, then you can wait to visit the characters until you see the wait times go down.
Now guests can also see what time their favorite characters will be out and about around EPCOT! All you have to do is click the character name, whose sighting location is in EPCOT, to see what time they are available to meet. You’ll be able to see characters like Elsa in the Norway Pavilion…
…Winnie the Pooh in the gardens near the Imagination Pavilion, and more throughout the day during your visit.
We’ll continue to keep an eye out for more updates and details in Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news!
What characters do you like to see or meet in Disney World? Tell us in the comments!
More Stories About Disney World
- The EXCLUSIVE Annual Passholder Magnet is Now Available in Disney World
- Disney World’s 4th of July Wait Times Surprised Us
- AllEars TV: CONQUER The Most STRESSFUL Ride in Disney World’s EPCOT — Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Disney World’s 4th of July Crowds SURPRISED Us
- An Unexpected Disney World Ride Had LONG Wait Time Yesterday
- PHOTOS: Come With Us to Watch the Fourth of July Fireworks in Disney World!
- Which Disney World Annual Pass is the Best Value
- The One Disney World Ride That Just Can’t Catch a Break
- A Big TRON Update and More Construction Progress in Disney World
- 20 Best Things to Do in Disney World Without a Theme Park Ticket