Now that the Disneyland Resort is open after its nearly fourteen month long closure, many of you may be considering a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!
If you’ve never been to Disneyland and are wondering what to put at the top of your “to do” list, let us help!
Go on the unique rides you can’t find in Disney World!
If you really want to make the most out of your trip to Disneyland, you’ll want to check out the rides and attractions you won’t be able to find in Disney World. Despite its smaller size, Disneyland is actually jam-packed with awesome and unique rides, including:
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Storybook Canal Boats
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Disneyland also has a second park — California Adventure — which has several unique rides and attractions, including but not limited to:
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Grizzly River Run
- WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Check out the rides that both Disneyland and Disney World have — but that are still pretty different!
Disneyland Park overlaps quite a bit with Magic Kingdom, but that doesn’t mean they are completely identical parks! Despite sharing several classic rides, you may be surprised to notice those little differences that add up to quite a unique experience altogether! Be sure NOT to skip over these rides:
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- The Disneyland Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Spend time in Avengers Campus.
The Disneyland Resort has a brand-new land that you won’t find ANYWHERE on the east coast: Avengers Campus! This immersive land is filled with your favorite Marvel characters, stunt shows, a brand-new ride, and lots of shawarma!
Whereas Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge exists on both coasts in near-identical forms, Avengers Campus is 100% unique to the west coast. If you’re a Marvel fan, this is a MUST-see on your next trip to Disneyland.
Eat all of the iconic snacks.
Disneyland is known amongst the fan community for its iconic snacks. You thought Disney World had legendary food items? Dining around Disneyland has a massive fan following, so be sure to take in the local “culture” by ordering some churros, corn dogs, and more!
Visit Downtown Disney
Last but not least, we wanted to give Downtown Disney a little bit of love! This shopping and dining district may be smaller than Disney Springs, but the walkability of Disneyland makes this an easy add-on to your trip (rather than taking the bus or driving to Disney Springs — we’re talking STEPS away from the main gate at Disneyland!).
Book a dinner reservation or shop for more unique merchandise items to get away from the theme park crowds. It typically stays open a little later than the theme parks, so maybe grab a scoop of ice cream from Salt & Straw on the way back to your hotel room!
We hope this list gave you some fun ideas for how to tackle your first trip to Disneyland like a pro! There are so many unique experiences to see that truly set it apart from Disney World.
Are you planning a Disneyland vacation for 2021? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- Disney World’s 50 Anniversary Ears Appear to Have Gotten Lost
- The Return of Parking Tram and More Disney News You Might’ve Missed This Week!
- Hurry! These Disneyland Deals are Ending Soon!
- How You Can Build Disneyland For WAY Less Money Than Walt Did!
- Mobile Checkout is Coming to More Shops in Disney World and Disneyland
- DATES for 2022 Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure
- NEWS: Dates Announced for the Food & Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure Park
- Disneyland’s “it’s a small world” Now Showing Hours Following Delayed Opening Due to Flooding
- You Can Only Get Disneyland’s NEW Menu Item on Select Nights!
- New Book Helps Shine Light on Career of Disney Background Specialist Claude Coats
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!