Pharmaceutical companies Pfizer and Moderna have recently announced their own COVID-19 vaccines which they report to be approximately 95% effective.
According to a tweet made by WESH Reporter Matt Lupoli, five hospitals have been chosen to receive the vaccine first in Florida. One of the hospitals will reportedly be in the city of Orlando.
The five hospitals include Advent Health in Orlando, Jackson Memorial in Miami, Memorial Healthcare Hollywood, Tampa General, and UF Health in Jacksonville. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stated that these hospitals have the “ability to store and distribute millions of doses manufactured by pharmaceutical companies Pfizer and Moderna possibly by the end of December,” according to Tampa Bay Times.
DeSantis also stated the vaccine will “be shipped across the country within 24 hours of approval by the Federal Drug Administration, which he expects to happen in three to six weeks.”
The initial announcement of the vaccine made Disney’s share prices rise 14% and analysts predict that the theme parks will return to normal operations until after the vaccine becomes available. This implementation of the vaccine at a local Orlando hospital will most likely affect the theme parks and guest attendance.
- Where in the World #687
- 2021 Hurricane Season Predictions and What They Mean for Your Disney World Trip
- NEWS: Disney Cruise Line May Add Another Year-Round Port in Florida
- Disney Recipe: Make This Delicious Pepper Steak Dish at Home!
- We’re Celebrating Halloween Early With New Disney Recipes!
- VIDEO! More Details Revealed For Disney Cruise Line’s ‘Star Wars’ Lounge!
- PHOTOS: More Details Revealed About Disney’s FIRST Attraction at Sea
- Disney World’s Partnership With AdventHealth Will Include New Emergency Room Facilities
- NEWS: Disney World Announces Virtual Healthcare in Partnership With AdventHealth
- NEWS: CDC Releases More Guidance For Cruise Lines Hoping to Resume Sailing
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!