Disney Parks have been continuing to follow health and safety guidelines in the midst of the current health crisis.
Although Disney World and other parks are currently open, places like Disneyland and Disneyland Paris have closed as a precaution to guests. However, things may be looking up for theme parks as medical officials continue to move forward with their efforts.
According to Variety, theme park shares have jumped up after Pfizer and BioNTech SE announced that their COVID-19 vaccine candidate has been more effective than previously expected.
The companies provided the announcement that their vaccine has been found to be more than 90% effective in “preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis.”
In the wake of the news, theme park stocks leaped up as Disney shares went up 14% followed by Six Flags Entertainment with 23% and SeaWorld Entertainment with 17%.
However, the companies are still working to gather more data safely by following the FDA guidelines for potential Emergency Use Authorization. The vaccine’s information will be available by the 3rd week of November with a current projection of up to 50 million vaccine doses available globally in 2020 with 1.3 billion doses in 2021.
As we find out more details on theme parks’ responses to the global health crisis, we’ll be sure to share all the information you need to know!
Have you been to a theme park recently? Let us know in the comments below!
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek Comments on Scarlett Johansson Lawsuit
- Here’s When Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ Will Be FREE on Disney+
- Disney CEO Speaks to Delta Variant’s Affect on the Parks
- The New 50th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt is ALL About Disney World’s History
- Disney Menu Updates: A Brand NEW Restaurant Opens and a Popular Snack Spot Temporarily Closes
- Main Street Confectionery is Reopening SOON in Magic Kingdom!
- PHOTOS: There’s a New 50th Anniversary Popcorn Bucket in Disney World
- You Can Score a FREE Collectible Key During Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration
- Could This Popular Tradition RETURN for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays?
- Is the Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise Worth the Cost in Disney World?