Now, another entertainment venue in California has determined that it won’t be holding some of its events until next summer due to the current COVID-19 situation.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic recently announced that it will be canceling all LA Phil-presented concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall through June 9th, 2021. This concert hall is located in downtown Los Angeles, California.
The LA Philharmonic website notes that many within the Los Angeles community have been able to enjoy music in this beautiful concert hall thanks to the “vision and generosity of Lillian Disney, the Disney family, and many other individual and corporate donors.”
The LA Philharmonic website lists all of the events that are impacted by this cancellation. As the Hollywood Reporter notes, the Walt Disney Concert Hall is not the only theatre closed at this time. The Hollywood Bowl and The Ford, two other venues of the LA Philharmonic, also remain closed because of the pandemic. Due to all of the concert cancellations, the LA Philharmonic estimates that it has lost approximately $105 million.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Chad Smith, the LA Philharmonic’s David C. Bohnett Chair chief executive officer, has said “Together with all of Los Angeles, we will arrive on the other side of this pandemic. We now look toward next summer, when we will welcome audiences back…and celebrate each iconic venue’s centenary with new meaning and purpose.” Though some of its physical venues remain closed, the Philharmonic is working to reach out to audiences through some digital initiatives like it’s Sound/Stage media project, a TV series on PBS, and more.
The Walt Disney World concert hall is located in Los Angeles County, which is in the Purple or “Widespread” tier under California’s reopening tier system. This means that many non-essential indoor business operations are closed.
California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy website regarding COVID-19 even specifies that under this tier, concert venues are closed.
We’re on the lookout for more updates regarding California’s reopening plan, particularly as it impacts Disneyland, theme parks, and other related businesses in California. Come back for more updates.
Recent Stories About Disneyland
- Disneyland Resort Has a New Health and Safety Announcement in Downtown Disney
- Jingle All The Way With This Sipper And Glow Cube at Disneyland Resort!
- Passholders Can Reserve Their Time to Buy a Spider-Bot (and Other Avengers Campus Merch!) in Downtown Disney!
- NEWS: Disneyland Website Experiences Technical Difficulties After Announcing Carthay Circle Reservations
- Another Dining Location Will Reopen in Downtown Disney Today!
- NEWS! Disneyland Grad Nite is Officially Canceled for 2021
- NEWS! Avengers Campus Merchandise is Coming SOON to Downtown Disney!
- The Walt Disney Company Has Been In A ‘New York State of Mind’ For Decades
- NEWS: California Governor Newsom Announces New Curfew For Various Counties
- PHOTOS: Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park is Looking EPIC!