While California’s government officials have stated that they will reopen theme parks “when they are ready”, Governor Gavin Newsom has still sent health officials to Disney World for research.
Although Disneyland hasn’t released an official date for the reopening of the parks and resorts, things are still moving forward as new measures are put in place ahead of time.
The Orange County Register has stated that Disneyland has reached agreements with 11 unions to allow employees to return back to work. Since new health and safety regulations will be put in place, the agreements detail these measures as well as other arrangements made for returning Cast Members.
One of these unions includes the Workers United Local 50, which is Disneyland’s second-largest union made up of food and beverage Cast Members. Previously, the Workers United Local 50 detailed its full breakdown of layoffs moving forward. The other 10 unions include the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Craft Maintenance Council, Independent Employee Services Association, and the Master Services Council.
Disney has stated that 28,000 employees would be laid off domestically. While Disneyland hasn’t released the official number of layoffs for the resorts and parks, Orange County Register has stated that an early estimate is 8,700 employees with higher numbers to come.
While there isn’t a firm list of which Cast Members will be laid off, Frozen Live at the Hyperion and Mickey’s Magical Map will not be returning to the parks during their reopenings. As Disneyland releases more details about its Cast Members and reopening news, we’ll make sure to keep you updated with everything you need to know!
Do you know any Disney Cast Members? Let us know in the comments below!
Disneyland Reopening News
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Be Opening Stores and Restaurants Along Buena Vista Street This November!
- When Can We Expect Disneyland to Reopen, Now That California Has Released Theme Park Guidelines?
- BREAKING NEWS: California Releases Reopening Guidelines for Disneyland and Other Theme Parks
- NEWS: Disney Fans Will Be Hosting a Rally in Support of Disneyland’s Reopening
- NEWS: Disneyland Reaches Return to Work Agreements With 11 Unions in Preparation for Reopening
- Two of Disneyland’s Most Popular Shows Will Reportedly Not Reopen in the Parks
- Disneyland Employees Will Have Two New COVID-19 Free Testing Options Soon
- NEWS: Governor Newsom Comments on Bob Iger Stepping Down from California’s Economic Task Force
- NEWS! California Plans to Issue Reopening Guidance For Disneyland and Other Theme Parks This Week!