Another video news conference took place today, which was hosted by California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly.
During his weekly updates, Dr. Ghaly typically announces the current tier statuses for counties across the state, which is a big part of California’s reopening blueprint.
It was revealed that out of the several counties that saw movement into new tiers, Orange County was not one of them. For at least one more week, Orange County will remain in the red “Substantial” tier. As of this writing, there is no word on which tier a county will need to be in for their theme parks to reopen.
When it comes to theme parks reopening, Dr. Ghaly received a couple of questions from reporters asking for updates and additional information on the site visits to theme parks in California and other states. It was revealed yesterday by California Governor Gavin Newsom that teams were being sent to visit not only larger theme parks in California, but other parks across the nation.
Dr. Ghaly noted that when it comes to the release of theme park guidelines, “it will come out when we’re ready.” This sentiment falls in step with Governor Newsom’s recent remarks about how there is no “hurry” to release theme park guidelines and that the state would be “stubborn” in its approach to reopening the parks.
Dr. Ghaly also noted that “not all of these visits are done,” and that once all of the site visits are complete, the team would be “compiling the information from those visits, having ongoing dialogue so we land with the guidance that really does make sense.”
Dr. Ghaly also provided more insight on the purpose of these site visits. He noted that “the reason why we sent people is to really understand in action how a park operates, how the community around it functions with the park open in a time where we’re facing COVID transmission and really how it plays out, not just within the park but beyond.”
We will continue to monitor the state of California and we will keep an eye out for updates concerning the teams’ site visits to theme parks!
Click here to read more about teams sent to Florida for research on theme park reopening procedures.
Did you have 2020 travel plans to the Disneyland Resort that were impacted by the closures? Let us know in the comments!
- Another Downtown Disney Spot Gets a Reopening Date!
- Surprise! A Popular Disney California Adventure Restaurant Reopened Early!
- What Characters Can You Meet When Disneyland Reopens?
- Worried About Disneyland Booking Up Right Away? Read This.
- Disneyland Shares How the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Will Work
- NEWS: Disneyland Releases Ticket Pricing Ahead of Reopening!
- Did Disney Just Reveal a WALKING Baby Groot Animatronic?!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Two Iconic Disneyland Rides Were Testing Today!
- Disney Just Teased a REAL Lightsaber (No, Seriously)
- Mobile Order WILL Be Available at Disney’s Avengers Campus