WE’RE BACK! A Marvel & Molly Story…
We’ve made it all the way to the second Avengers movie on this journey of watching all the Marvel flicks for the first time!
I liked the last Avengers gang movie a decent amount — it’s so fun when they’re all together! Let’s see what they’re up to this time.
No idea what’s gonna happen, except I can always bank on Iron Man for sass, Bruce to become green, Thor for eye candy, and Captain America to be annoyingly perfect.
95 Thoughts I Had Watching Avengers: The Age of Ultron for the First Time
1. The blue stick! That’s Loki’s. Last time I saw it some weird twins were there too.
2. Is that who’s holding hands?
3. Whoa — quick cut to the gang kicking butt. We are wasting NO time.
4. HULK!!! I missed you buddy.
5. “Language.” Classic Cap.
6. Angry German guys. Must be Hydra.
7. The TWINS!! Who are these weirdos?
8. Am I gonna learn how Iron Man is still Iron Man? Like are we gonna get a *72 hours earlier* screen?
9. A little early for me to fear for an Avengers’ life, sheesh.
10. Team work makes the dream work!
11. There’s a lot of inconsistencies with the Hulk recognizing people or not? Like why does it take a gentle caress of Natasha’s hand, where at the end of Avengers he just knew who’s team he was on? Also what is happening to him?!
12. Wow the Twins are an actual nightmare.
13. OH NO Tony has been…brain washed? Infiltrated? Whatever you call it, he got got by the girl twin.
14. Honestly WHAT is happening.
15. Where are they? Why are they all dead? Was that his nightmare? Who is this girl? Why did she let him get the stick?
16. How much did Beats by Dre pay to be the headphones of Bruce’s choice?
17. Is the Hulk having an existential crisis?
18. ROBIN SPARKLES IN THE BUILDING YALL.
19. “He’s fast and she’s weird.” – could they just explain everything like that to me please? I need this movie on a second-grade level.
20. “Will Thor be there?” – That would be me.
21. Why do I feel like Iron Man is gonna make a whoopsie while messing with this stick?
22. Should I know what Veronica is? TBD.
23. Why do I know this robot’s voice? *checks IMDB* OMG it’s James Spader from the Blacklist!! AKA Robert California.
24. FALCON!!!! RHODES!!!! I wanna go to this party.
25. Yeah where are the ladies? Actually, I prefer Jane never show up again. Pepps on the other hand, I’d love to see her!
26. Stan Lee!! Trying to outdrink Thor. The best cameo yet.
27. Are Hulk and Natasha a thing?
28. “If I lift this I will rule Asgard?” This scene of all of them trying to life the Hammer is v. funny. Like one of my favorite scenes in any movie yet.
29. WHOA did it *budge* when Cap tried?!
30. Did he REALLY kill Jarvis?! I love Jarvis!!
31. OH no!! Loki’s stick!!
32. LOL to him singing Pinocchio.
33. “Together.” Captain America is so wholesome.
34. Iron Man, you’re my fave (or one of, it may be Peter Quill now. TBD), but you did make a murder bot which wasn’t *great.*
35. Creepy twins team up with creepy robot (who got a new lewk).
36. OH DANG. The bombs that killed the twins’ parents were made by Stark.
37. But you don’t have a girlfriend Barton? Who ya talking to? Is it Nick Fury?!
38. WAKANDA?!!!!!! I don’t know much but I know that word.
39. Vibranium. I know that word too thanks to Captain America.
40. The slow down action scenes are fun.
41. “I am mighty.” I love Thor’s self-confidence.
42. GO Hawkeye!! …Oof.
43. Wow they are all having some TRIPPY visions.
44. Is this the only time Peggy and Steve get to dance? Tell me no.
46. So Veronica is a metal cage? Doesn’t work.
47. “I’m sorry.” I mean that is your bestie, Tony and you’re being a scootch violent towards him.
48. I feel bad for the Hulk.
49. Linda Cardellini?! Barton sure didn’t have a girlfriend — just a wife and kids. Casual.
50. Is that the first time someone’s actually called him Hawkeye?
51. So he wants an army of genius evil robots? Am I understanding this one correctly? This one is confusing me more than others.
52. Oof, Natasha’s backstory is…bleek.
53. Did Cap just … rip that log in half?
54. NICK FURY IN THE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!
55. Bootstrap Bill!! Ugh, does that mean Jane is showing up?
56. Did Clint lend everyone a flannel or do they all just have matching lumberjack shirts? (Related, v. into the autumnal look.)
57. Is that an infinity stone in Loki’s stick?!
58. Whoa…is Thor’s crazy vision showing us all the infinity stones? Are they a rainbow?
59. Ok so the girl twin knows the world is gonna explode thanks to the unborn robot? Is she gonna switch sides?
60. This movie is basically just Santa Clause 2.
61. Cap is so cool with his shield…..anddddd he lost it.
62. I love Natasha putting these men in their place.
63. The chick who has visions….there is something vaguely familiar about her. *checks IMDB* OMG SHE’S AN OLSEN!?!?!?!? As in, sister to famed actresses Mary Kate and Ashley, stars of blockbuster hits such as Billboard Dad, It Takes Two, and How the West Was Fun?!?!
64. Happy to have the twins on our side — granted I wish the “twins” were actually Mary Kate and Ashley.
65. I mean Stark and Cap are definitely the opposite ends of the good guy spectrum. Is this whole thing just a set up for Civil War? (I only know what that is because I remember the posters of them staring at each other. No idea if they’re actually even fighting but this is my guess now.)
66. Thor is here to save the day!! Thank goodness.
67. WHAT is this new robot with the jewel in his head? I don’t like having to keep so many robots straight.
68. I miss the simple days when Loki was just pretending to be other people and hoodwinking everyone.
69. The robot picked up Thor’s hammer so…that’s something?
70. The Bruce/Natasha duo is almost the worst couple in these movies — second only to Jane and Thor. Like honestly, she didn’t need him to escape.
71. So the big rock will kill everyone on the planet if it gets too high?
72. Barton is such a good dad.
73. “What were you napping?” Do you think part of Avenger training is zippy one-liners?
74. “Nobody would know…” LOL Is Barton the best one?
75. NICK FURY TO THE RESCUE!!!!
76. LANGUAGE Cap.
77. Will I EVER know what happened to Nick’s eye?
78. IRON PATRIOT!!!
79. I love when Robin Sparkles gets feisty.
80. “I am…running out of things to say.” “If there’s too much weight you lose power on the swing.” I like cheeky Thor.
81. “Not all of us can fly.” GOOD POINT. Natasha and Clint are mere mortals keeping up with sci-fi experiments and literal gods.
83. Ultron just got roasted by Thor, Tony, and good robot, with a dash of Hulk.
84. LOL at Clint and Natasha talking home makeover in the middle of a battle that could end humanity.
85. Honestly, I too wanted to break up Natasha and Hulk’s weird lullaby thing.
86. Oh. I’m sad about the boy twin.
87. I really hate this Hulk takes care of Natasha bit. Like she is way too awesome for the damsel in distress role.
88. *lots of intense action sequences* Ok so they saved the planet?
89. “Well, I was born yesterday.” LOL Robot humor.
90. “Nothing lasts forever.” – Natasha, also me talking about her romance with Bruce
91. Tony Stark is so zippy. I adore him. “A lot of manful tears.”
92. THIS IS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!! Avengers, round 2.
93. Why do these end credit statues all looked like they were carved out of butter?
94. Oh a fancy glove… THANOS!!!!
95. Ok I know he’s supposed to be realllll scary, but so far, he just looks like Grimace from McDonald’s.
This movie was…odd. It had some real highs (basically anything Captain America did and the awesome Thor’s hammer party scene) but also some real lows (the silly Bruce/Natasha romance). Plus, I missed Loki!
I still enjoy the scenes when they’re all together, but I didn’t care for all the robot action. This one didn’t seem to do a TON for the overarching MCU plot either, other than introduce a few more characters. It DID deepen the characters development, specifically Tony Stark and Cap, which I assume is to set up Civil War. We shall see soon!
Overall, I liked this one less than the first Avengers, but more than some of the individual films. It sits pretty fairly in the middle of the pack thus far for me. On a scale of 1 to 10, where a 1 is dropping your ice cream cone and a 10 is an ice cream sundae, I give it a 6.9 (mostly for that hammer scene — it would a 6.5 without it.)
Next up, Ant-Man!
Molly Does the Marvel Movies!
- Peter Parker is Rocking Those Glasses: 78 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ for the First Time
- I Love This Movie 3000: 135 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Endgame’ for the First Time
- I FINALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FURY’S EYE: 94 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Captain Marvel’ for the First Time!
- TRUTH SERUM! 67 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ for the First Time
- “Peter Parker Has Ripped Out My Heart” — 109 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ for the First Time
- I Finally Understand “WAKANDA FOREVER” — 84 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Black Panther’ for the First Time!
- Dr. Ian Malcom and Funny Rock Monsters: 88 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ for the First Time
- “I Got Ice Cream in Here Man!” 72 Thoughts I Had While Watching ‘Spider-man: Homecoming’ for the First Time
- I Love Trash Panda and Baby Tree — 81 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2’ for the First Time
- His Cape is the BEST Part?! 78 Thoughts I Had While Watching Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ for the First Time
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!