Do you suffer from the post-Disney blues? It’s that awful feeling you get when faced with reality after returning home from a magical vacation.
Unfortunately, there’s no cure that we know of since Disney refuses to let us move in. But there is Disney food! And food always helps, especially when its food from the parks!
Disney recently shared a previous waffle recipe from the Delicious Disney Sweet Treats cookbook.
Unfortunately, this item is no longer available at the park, but thanks to this recipe, we can still enjoy it at home and remember when!
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions for Espresso Mousse
1. Place white chocolate chips into a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
2. Combine 1 cup heavy cream and espresso in a small saucepan over high heat; heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips, whisking until melted and smooth.
3. Add egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 3 cups cream to stiff peaks.
5. Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until smooth.
6. Dollop mousse into a lightly greased muffin tin. Freeze until hard.
Directions for Chocolate Sauce
1. Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, water, corn syrup, and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Cook, whisking often until sugar is dissolved.
3. Lower heat to low; whisk in chocolate chips until completely melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
Directions for Waffles
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
2. Whisk together milk and egg in a separate bowl.
3. Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; remove from microwave and stir for 10 seconds, then microwave 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir; if chocolate isn’t melted, microwave 10 seconds more.
4. Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to milk and egg mixture.
5. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
6. Cook waffles in a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Remove espresso mousse from the freezer and dip the bottom of the pan in warm water to remove mousse.
2. Top warm waffles with frozen espresso mousse. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Coffee? Waffles? Chocolate? This is our kind of breakfast! Or dessert! Or Both!
Are you going to try to make these yummy waffles from Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Let us know in the comments!