Lightning is pretty common in Central Florida, especially this time of year. It’s not all that uncommon for bolts to get pretty close to the Disney World Resort, which is why the buildings are equipped with rods to keep everyone safe.
One of the rods in Galaxy’s Edge happened to catch a lightning bolt last night, and it seems to have caused Rise of the Resistance to be down all day so far!
Park guest Austin Coppock’s video of the incident was shared by Fox 35 Orlando, showing a pretty impressive bolt of lightning striking near Galaxy’s Edge.
While there was no damage reported, we’ve followed the wait times at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and have noticed that Rise of the Resistance has been down all day.
We will continue to keep an eye on the status of Rise of the Resistance, and let you know of any further updates to the attraction’s status!
Were you in Disney World yesterday during that big lightning storm? Let us know in the comments!
Star Wars News
- Hey, Disney Football Fans: This New Collection is for YOU!
- The US Postal Service Introduces Star Wars-Themed Stamps!
- Building a Lightsaber Just Got WAY More Expensive in Disney World
- ‘Soul’ and ‘The Mandalorian’ Won Over 10 Awards This Weekend!
- Ranking the Upcoming Star Wars Shows By How Excited We Are to Watch!
- 41 Thoughts I Had Watching The Mandalorian: Chapter 1 For the First Time (Yes, Two Years Late.)
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in May!
- These Disney Mugs Are Under $10 for a SHORT Time!
- Motivate Yourself With Disney’s DIY Star Wars Rival Run Weekend Cheer Cards!
- Star Wars Fans, We Found Your May 4th Outfit
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!