In today’s Quarterly Earnings Call, we learned a lot about the current financial state of the Walt Disney Company, as well as their vision for the future.
One part of that vision for the future is the continued global expansion of their Direct-to-Consumer segment, which Chapek heralded as the “top priority and key to future of company.”
Disney announced that in the coming years they will launch an international Direct-to-Consumer offering under the HotStar Brand, which Disney owns. HotStar is massively popular in India, and is currently a part of the Disney+ portfolio.
This offering was quoted as a “General Entertainment Offering,” without much more context being provided at today’s call. But CEO Bob Chapek sounded quite hopeful in the promise of the Direct-to-Consumer & International segment during today’s call, so this is definitely a story to follow!
We will keep a close eye on this story as it develops, and we will bring you more information as we learn more!
What announcement from today’s earnings call do you still have questions about? Let us know in the comments!
- Additional ‘She-Hulk’ Casting Announced for Disney+!
- Tom Holland and Daniel Kaluuya Share Their Journeys Making Marvel’s “Spider-Man” and “Black Panther”
- Marvel’s Upcoming “Behind the Mask” Will Premiere on Disney+ Next Month!
- Here’s EVERYTHING Coming to Disney+ This February!
- VIDEO: Check Out the Trailer for Disney+’s Upcoming ‘Pixar Popcorn’
- NEWS! The ENTIRE Muppet Show Series is Coming to Disney+ Next Month!
- PHOTOS: Take a First Look at Disney/Pixar’s Upcoming ‘Luca’!
- PHOTOS: We’ve Got Our First Look at the Set for Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi Show!
- NEWS: Film & Television Production No Longer Exempt from UK Travel Restrictions
- 12 Hidden Details You Missed in ‘WandaVision’
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!