In today’s Quarterly Earnings Call, we learned a lot about the current financial state of the Walt Disney Company, as well as their vision for the future.
One part of that vision for the future is the continued global expansion of their Direct-to-Consumer segment, which Chapek heralded as the “top priority and key to future of company.”
Disney announced that in the coming years they will launch an international Direct-to-Consumer offering under the HotStar Brand, which Disney owns. HotStar is massively popular in India, and is currently a part of the Disney+ portfolio.
This offering was quoted as a “General Entertainment Offering,” without much more context being provided at today’s call. But CEO Bob Chapek sounded quite hopeful in the promise of the Direct-to-Consumer & International segment during today’s call, so this is definitely a story to follow!
We will keep a close eye on this story as it develops, and we will bring you more information as we learn more!
What announcement from today’s earnings call do you still have questions about? Let us know in the comments!
- A Disneyland Pass Was the Catalyst for Shonda Rhimes’ Decision to Leave ABC
- NEWS: Disney Junior Set to Debut “Everybody Gets a Vote” Musical Short
- Listen to Some of Your Favorite Singers Perform in Disney+’s “Clouds: A Musical Celebration” Virtual Performance!
- NEW Musical Movie ‘Sneakerella’ Is Set to Premiere on Disney+ in 2021!
- I Love This Movie 3000: 135 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Avengers: Endgame’ for the First Time
- NEW Trailer and Poster Released for Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’!
- Press Conference: “Once Upon a Snowman” on Disney+
- VIDEO! Disney Released a Special First Look at Season Two of ‘The Mandalorian’!
- I FINALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FURY’S EYE: 94 Thoughts I Had Watching ‘Captain Marvel’ for the First Time!
- Dave Bossert’s Latest Book Shows Us Disneyland Like We’ve Never Seen It Before!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!