Disney’s newest resort is now open to guests. The Riviera Resort celebrated its grand opening and dedication this morning.
On hand for the opening were Walt Disney World Ambassador Stephen Lim and Senior Vice President of DVC, Guided Adventures & Expeditions, and Golden Oak Terri Schultz. A few of their closest friends were there too — sporting brand new outfits!
During the opening ceremony Schultz celebrated that this is the 15th DVC resort, and first one since 2004’s opening of Saratoga Springs that is a dedicated DVC resort.
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy were also there wearing their new outfits that GMA previewed last week. Together with Schultz and Lim the gang officially cut the ribbon declaring the Riviera Resort open.
You can watch the grand opening here:
During her statements Schultz stated the resort is a “Masterpiece of Style, Casual Elegance, and Disney Charm”. See photos of the resort here!
If you can’t get a reservation at the Riviera Resort but want to check it out all you have to do is hop on the Skyliner! The Riviera Resort has its own Skyliner Station connecting resort guests and visitors directly to Epcot or the Caribbean Beach Resort. With a transfer at the Caribbean Beach Resort you can get to Hollywood Studios.
Do you have a reservation at the Riviera Resort? Share your plans in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney's Riviera Resort? We can help!
- Book These Hotels if You’re Going to Walt Disney World with a Large Group
- AllEars TV: This Disney Resort is $4,000 Per Night?!
- NEWS! Disney World Hotels Are Not Currently Requiring Guest Temperature Checks Before Entering
- Here’s a First Look at the Mobile Check-In Process at Disney World Restaurants!
- Which Walt Disney World Resort You Should Stay In Based On Your Horoscope!
- Bar Riva at Disney’s Riviera Resort Has Made Some Big Changes to Their Kids Menu!
- Escape the Chilly Florida Temps at These Five Walt Disney World Resorts