This morning, ABC’s Good Morning America was at Walt Disney World to explore — of course — Rise of the Resistance. But as part of the morning show’s broadcast, they also gave an inside peek of a few new places we’ve been itching to see: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Disney’s Riviera Resort, and Topolino’s Terrace at the Resort. And we have some words for you: NEW COSTUMES. ON MICE AND DUCKS.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
But before we get to Topolino’s, let’s see how the colors and artwork of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway are coming along. The new attraction, located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, opens March 4, and it’s going to be a fun time!
GMA shared this colorful look at concept art of the train…
…which looks a lot like the full-size version GMA shared…
…and the Runaway Railway logo that’s emblazoned on the front of the engine…
…has been spotted on some of the merchandise we saw just days ago, so it looks like Runaway Railway is about to runaway with our hearts. 😉
Disney’s Riviera Resort Lobby
Over at Disney’s Riviera Resort — the Disney Vacation Club Resort that’s opening December 16 — we got a glimpse of the lobby as GMA passed through. Here’s the concept art for comparison:
Looks like the tile work and theme of intersecting circles has translated into the rich-looking lobby space.
And, like Gran Destino Tower, it appears Riviera Resort has a two-story lobby with sweeping views!
Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera
Meanwhile, upstairs at Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera, Good Morning America’s reporter had a friendly encounter with some fashionably dressed characters!
This is the first look we’ve had at Minnie, Mickey, Donald, and Daisy’s costumes, which they’ll wear for the restaurant’s Breakfast a la Art! Each character is dressed as a certain genre of art.
Minnie Mouse is a poet. Mickey is a painter.
Donald is a sculptor.
And Daisy is a dancer.
Topolino’s Terrace opens with Riviera Resort on December 16, and we’ll be stopping in as soon as the restaurant is open to bring you a tour of the space, a taste of the food, and — of course — a look at these costumes up close!
To see the full video from Good Morning America, click here!
Until then, which of the three experiences above has you most excited for Walt Disney World’s future? Let us know in the comments!
Learn more about Riviera Resort at the links below!
- NEWS! Disney World Hotels Are Not Currently Requiring Guest Temperature Checks Before Entering
- Here’s a First Look at the Mobile Check-In Process at Disney World Restaurants!
- Which Walt Disney World Resort You Should Stay In Based On Your Horoscope!
- Bar Riva at Disney’s Riviera Resort Has Made Some Big Changes to Their Kids Menu!
Learn more about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway here!
- Here’s How You Should Plan Your Day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios With Limited Capacity
- AllEars TV: How Long Are the Lines Now That Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Reopen?
- NEWS! The Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Queue Is Already Full with Over a Two Hour Wait Time!
- NEWS! Disney Releases Updates About Construction for Attractions and Lands in the Theme Parks!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!