D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will receive their Summer edition of the Disney twenty-three magazine in a few weeks. The latest issue will take members behind the scenes of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
Take a look at that photo! The Millennium Falcon up close! Photos aren’t all that are in the next expanded issue of Disney twenty-three.
There will be three stories focused on the new, 14-acre lands opening in Disneyland on May 31 and in Disney World on August 29. The stories will include exclusive interviews with some of the Imagineers behind this historic project. Readers will also get the lay of the land and the stories behind the land as they explore the two groundbreaking attractions Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance. Lastly the magazine will explore the role of technology in the immersiveness of the land.
And, one cover isn’t good enough for an expanded issue of Disney twenty-three. This edition will have two covers! The second cover features Simba from the live-action version of The Lion King opening in July.
The film’s director Jon Favreau and stars Billy Eichner, Seth Rogen, and Shahadi Wright Joseph, talk about bringing the classic film to the screen in an all-new way.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Disney Legend Tim Allen shares stories about the making of Toy Story 4.
- The Stars of Guy Ritchie’s live-action Aladdin, Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott, talk about stepping into a whole new world for a thrilling take on this classic animated film.
- Celebrate Disney Theatrical’s 25th anniversary as stars of its original Broadway productions—including James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin), Kara Lindsay (Newsies), Josh Strickland (Tarzan), Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), and Patti Murin (Frozen)—share their favorite memories.
- Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald takes readers on a ride through 50 years of the Haunted Mansion, including a look at the new additions to Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris.
- Director Kenny Ortega lets the bad times roll in this summer’s Descendants 3.
- Walt Disney Archives director Becky Cline remembers Disney Legend and Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith.
- Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Bob Chapek gives us a look inside his office.
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave.
Are you a D23 Gold and Gold Family Member? Are you excited for the new issue of Disney twenty-three? Let us know in the comments!
Need more Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge info? Don't miss these posts:
- What We Saw When We Visited Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios!
- Get the 411 on This Disney App Before Galaxy's Edge Opens
- Everything We Know So Far About Oga's Cantina
- You'll Never Guess Who You'll See at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- So Much to Buy! Preview Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge's Stores and Merchandise Here!
- Brand New Details! Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- New Updates for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Be sure to follow @allearsnet on Instagram and Twitter!
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!