Marinated Shrimp ‘Ohana Restaurant Polynesian Resort
½ cup hot chili garlic paste
1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
½ cup Minced fresh ginger
1 cup Sweet chili garlic paste
2 cups Honey
2 cups Lemon juice
1 quart Canola oil
1 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1. Mix all ingredients well except for oil
2. Whisk briskly while slowly adding the oil
3. Take out 1 cup of this to baste the shrimp while they are cooking
4. Use the rest to marinate the shrimp
5 lbs. peeled and de-veined shrimp 16-20 count
All but 1-cup shrimp marinade
NOTE: Best if you use outdoor grill as these really smoke up the grill.
1. After shrimp have marinated for two days, take them out of the marinade.
2. If you can find some kabob skewers use them to skewer the shrimp. If not use bamboo sticks or just grill them loose.
3. As you are grilling baste them occasionally with the marinade you saved.
4. When they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, remove and serve.