Reviews of Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

View Menus at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe Dining Location

Cuisines: Bakery, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Kringla Bakeri including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/kringla-bakeri-og-kafe

Counter Service - Pastries/light sandwiches
Norway - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 10/11/2014

rice cream is wonderful as usual...lots of choices, more generous sandwiches...hard to get attention of server when sitting in a wheelchair

Pros:

lots of choices

Cons:

line

Reviewed by 5busyrussells Review Date: 09/25/2014

I had school bread on my "must have" list and it lived up to the hype! I wish I would have bought extras, as I found myself craving it during our ride home! Definitely a worthwhile snack while visiting Epcot's World Showcase. Delicious!

Pros:

Delicous School Bread!

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by nick6300 Review Date: 09/11/2014

This is the first 10 rating I've given from our 9/1-9/8 trip and maybe the 1 quick service I'm most excited to return to for it's awesome baked goods, large and tasty sandwiches, decent side salads, and friendly staff. Normally, I've seen this tiny place packed, with lines easily forming outside. We planned ahead to know what to order and to get here early (11:15ish). WS opens at 11, so I was the only person ordering: Norweigian Club, toasted, with side salad (can also choose a fruit bowl which looked good) and the famous school bread and Simply Orange OJ with my dining plan credit on 9/5. Because we had a FP to maelstrom, and wanted to make it to a few WS show times, we got everything to go, and the friendly staff was accommodating. The salad had like a sliced provolone (I think) and tomatoes on it, and much better than the normal packaged tossed side salads you find elsewhere. The school bread, which was much anticipated, fell a little short of expectations. It wasn't bad at all, but not as good as many raved about. There was a little bit of creme filling and a cocunut cream topping, but many bites were of just plain bread. The troll horns and many of other baked goods look awesome, and I can't wait to try other things next time. The meal was split, and still very large, very tasty. I recommend coming early to get a table, and because you are put on the spot with so many baked good choices... I'd plan a few choices ahead of time.

Pros:

baked goodies, sandwiches, friendly staff

Cons:

small space for lines/ordering, not an abundance of seating

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/18/2014

Fantastic value on the dining plan. Sandwich with either fruit cup or side salad plus dessert plus drink as one counter service credit makes it brilliant value and there is plenty of food to split between two people.
We ate here twice and enjoyed the Norwegian club sandwich and the jarlsberg apple sandwich both were delicious.
Had the fruit cups for side orders each time. The Voss water was unusually good.
We enjoyed almond pretzel, cheesecake and troll horns for dessert and all of these were amazing. The desserts were worthy of a table service restaurant.

Pros:

fantastic fresh food and great value on the dining plan

Reviewed by Dfan79 Review Date: 06/07/2014

I guess the School Bread is one of those things you either really love or really hate. I regrettably lean towards the latter. It just tasted like a hard piece of bread with coconut and a dab of custard on top (that looks like butter). Perhaps the Almond Pretzel or Cream filled Horns are better, but I was totally turned off by the School Bread and probably won‘t go back for those. No wonder it’s listed at a very low price by Disney Standards.

I thought the serving area was way too small, especially for a place that serves sandwiches too. The poor cast members behind the glass cases looked like they had their hands full even though there were only 4 people in line. The seating area was a good size though and very shaded behind the church. It is a good spot to hide from the Florida sun and huge crowds.

So if you do go here make sure you stay away from the School Bread. That is unless you like hard tasteless bread.

Pros:

shaded seating

Cons:

school bread, serving area

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 12/28/2013

One of the two best CS we had our entire trip. We travelled Dec3-14. Went to have lunch on the DP as adults. We paid OOP for DS as the kids menu didn't appeal to him. There was plenty of food but a huge line and wait to get it. We had 2 roast beef, 1 salad, 1 fruit, and 1 Viking helmet, cheesecake. My parent's had 2 turkey sandwiches, 2 salads, 1 school bread and 1 Viking helmet. The had a choose of Blue chees or thousand island for the salad. The roast beef had too much roll and not enough carmalized onion. My son's was good but thought the bread a bit hard. We didn't get our sandwich toasted. My parent's did and enjoyed it. My mom was eager to go back a second time for lunch but didn't have a chance. Will definitely do it next trip. Not a lot of seating so probably best to go at an off time. Also the line was so long out the door it was a deterent for some and one person walked out after they placed their order.

Pros:

big sandwhiches

Cons:

long lines out door

Reviewed by Hstepzinski Review Date: 11/19/2013

The sandwiches we got here were very good and the snacks were delicious also. Everything else we didn't try looked good just wish they had more choices.

Pros:

Cons:

wish they had more

Reviewed by Grumppy Review Date: 09/30/2013

Two words-Frosted Pretzels! You can now get them one of two ways; covered with slivered almonds, or with frosting and chocolate. We couldn't decide so got one of each and shared. If you are on DDP, you can use snack credits for these. These have been a "must do" on our trips for years.

Pros:

EVERYTHING looked good!

Reviewed by Hannah1230 Review Date: 08/07/2013

Although there is not a huge choice of sandwiches, they are good and there are a lot of pastries to choose from. This is one of the best places if on the DDP for a QS meal. You get a salad, or fruit bowl, a sandwich and a dessert.

Pros:

pastry

Cons:

not a lot to choose from

Reviewed by nicole0992 Review Date: 05/08/2013

We recently had a very early lunch here and tried the Norwegian Club Sandwich which we had toasted, fruit salads and the Rullekake. The sandwiches were incredible and very large. Can easily be split. The fruit was cold and fresh. The dessert options here make it difficult to pick just one! We always get some to take back to our room for breakfast the next day. There is plenty of covered seating but still very warm to eat on a hot day here. The shop inside is very small and can get crowded. Very friendly cast members!

Pros:

Great lunch options, snacks

Cons:

No air conditioned seating, crowded inside