It has been a wild few months with the start of Disney Genie, Genie+, and Individual Attraction Selections in Walt Disney World.
We’ve been testing out the new systems, working out the kinks, and trying to utilize them to their fullest so that you can get your money’s worth. Now, we know when we’ll be able to do the same thing on the West Coast!
When Disney Genie was first announced, we were told that it would be coming to both Disney World and Disneyland Resort. It arrived in Disney World in mid-October, but we hadn’t heard much more about it coming to the other U.S. parks…until now!
Today, it was announced that Disney Genie, Genie+, and Individual Attraction Selections will be coming to Disneyland Resort starting on Wednesday, December 8th. Here, the Genie+ system will cost guests $20 per ticket, per person, and will include Lightning Lane access for most attractions, PhotoPass downloads for the day, and audio tales. No augmented reality lenses will be included with the purchase of Genie+.
Individual Attraction Selections will be priced separately, and will cost between $7 and $20 each. These rides include Radiator Springs Racers and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disney California Adventure and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland. These features will all be available through the Disneyland app.
The system will be slightly different at Disneyland Resort. In addition to costing $5 extra for Genie+ and the most expensive Individual Lightning Lane Selections, you’ll note some changes in the timing of booking. Guests at Disneyland Resort won’t be able to make their first Genie+ choice or buy an IAS until the park opens. (At Disney World, you can do some of those things as early as 7AM.)
The addition of Genie+ at Disneyland will also make the DAS program (or Disability Access Service) more convenient for guests. Those visiting the parks on or after December 20th, 2021 can now pre-register for the new DAS Advance service virtually and book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select attractions. This can be done anytime between 2 and 30 days before your trip.
And, if you’re heading to Disneyland Resort soon and want to prepare for the launch of Genie, then make sure to check out these posts from Disney World to get you prepared:
- A full guide to Disney Genie, Genie+, and Individual Lightning Lanes
- Learn about the 120-minute rule
- Get all the details on the free Disney Genie
- Breaking down the confusing parts of Genie
- How to purchase Disney Genie+
- How to purchase Individual Attraction Selections
- How to get the most out of Disney Genie+
We’ll make sure to keep you updated with all the details leading up to the launch, and we’ll be trying out the system to see what’s different at Disneyland! Stay tuned to AllEars for more!
Have you used Genie+ in Disney World yet? Tell us in the comments!
Disney Genie News
- We Tested Out a QUICKER Way to Meet Characters in Disney World
- Here’s How Disney World Could Win Fans Back in 2022
- 7 Things I Learned Using Genie+ in Disneyland — and Why It’s Better Than Disney World
- 17 Changes People Actually LIKED in Disney World in 2021
- PHOTOS: Disney World’s Latest Survey Is All About Disney Genie
- 8 Easy Mistakes to Avoid When Planning Your Next Disney World Trip
- The LIE Everyone is Saying About Disney World Right Now
- Disney World Surveying Guests on Genie+, Crowds, and Character Meets
- We Tested the NEW Standby Line for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in Disney World
- The Most Controversial Changes in Disney World History
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!