Flight cancellations have been happening pretty frequently recently with unexpected delays due to factors like weather, staffing, booking, and beyond.
And, if you plan on traveling this weekend or in the coming days, you’re going to want to know about the latest flight update.
CNN has shared that American Airlines has canceled 634 flights today on Sunday, October 31st, which amounts to more that 12% of its total operations. As of this point, there have been over 1,500 American Airlines flights canceled since Friday.
These cancellations were due to weather issues, like severe winds in Dallas-Fort Worth, and staffing shortages for the company. American Airlines remarked that “With additional weather throughout the system, our staffing begins to run tight as crew members end up out of their regular flight sequences.”
However, the airline company plans to bring back more flight crews before the holiday travel rush begins, as well as increase its hiring numbers. While 1,800 flight attendants will return this upcoming week, more flight crews are expected to be back by December 1st.
Of course, as more changes occur with travel moving forward, we’ll be sure to update you with everything you need to know. Stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney entertainment and news.
Where are you traveling next? Let us know in the comments below.
- 6 Long-Term Closures Will Continue in Disney World Next Week
- President Biden Comments on Recent Issues Between Disney and Florida Politicians
- Disney Comments on Impact from Inflation and Supply Chain Issues
- Our Best Tips for Using Disney World’s Walk-Up Wait List System
- 8 CLOSURES to Watch Out For Next Week In Disney World
- Disney Had a BUSY Week. 5 BIG Things You Missed!
- A Classic Future World Detail is RETURNING to EPCOT
- ALL the Character Meet and Greets That Have NOT Returned to Disney World
- BREAKING: Details Shared for NEW Character Meet-and-Greet Space in EPCOT
- VIDEO! Get a SNEAK PEEK At Disney Parks’ New Hey Disney! Voice Assistant!