Earlier this year, Disney announced that they would be introducing a brand new planning feature in the My Disney Experience app called Disney Genie that includes both free and paid-for services (which are replacing FastPass+ in Disney World).
We’ve been answering all your questions about Disney Genie, breaking down the free v. the paid service, and giving you a look at the biggest features. And, now we finally know when the feature will make its way to Disney World!
Today, Disney announced that Disney Genie will be debuting in Walt Disney World on October 19th, 2021. And, all you’ll need to access it is the My Disney Experience app installed on your phone!
So, what exactly will you be able to do in the app beginning October 19th? Well, there will be a new tab in the app called “My Genie Plans” and this is where you’ll be able to find all THREE new services.
The FREE service is called Disney Genie and it is a one-stop shop for dining reservations, mobile ordering, viewing attraction wait times, and really planning your entire day in the parks.
The feature is filled with new planning tools that are meant to help you maximize your time in the parks, taking the least amount of steps and tackling everything that you want to do. And, much like Google Maps or Waze, it will automatically update your plans throughout the day based on what rides you go on, where you eat, and what the weather is like.
Disney Genie+ will include access to new Lightning Lanes (aka old FastPass lanes) at 45 different attractions throughout all four Disney Parks. It will cost $15 per person, per day, and once purchased, guests will be able to select a 1-hour return time to one attraction at a time (unless the return time is more than 2-hours away).
And, for the highly popular attractions (or “fancy” rides as we like to call them), guests will need to purchase access to the Lightning Lanes through Individual Attraction Selection. These rides will be a separate cost from Disney Genie+ and pricing will vary based on date, time, and attraction.
Just keep in mind that guests will only be able to purchase up to two Individual Attraction Selections per day and will NOT need to have purchased Disney Genie+ to take advantage.
Disney has not yet shared when Genie will debut in Disneyland, but we’ll be on the lookout for more updates. And, as the official launch date approaches in Disney World, we’ll be sharing more and more information about the new features and how to take advantage of them to have the best day in the parks, so be sure to stay tuned to AllEars for the latest!
Will you be using free or paid Disney Genie? Let us know in the comments below!
- A Classic Attraction Had One of the BIGGEST Wait Times in Disney World Yesterday!
- New MagicBands Now Available for Disney World Resort Guests and Passholders
- Disneyland’s Recent Retweet Was a Whole CHOICE
- Disney Menu Updates: MORE Fall Treats Arrive Including One Themed After a Fan-Favorite Ride!
- NEWS: Disney World Renames Modified Character Meet and Greets
- PHOTOS: Don’t Miss Your Chance to Grab Disney’s NEW Holiday Dooney & Bourke Bags
- NEWS: Parking Trams Returning to Disneyland Resort SOON!
- NEWS: Disneyland INCREASES Ticket and Parking Prices
- Looking for Disney Halloween Wallpapers? Look No Further!
- Lexus Has Released a NEW Line of Marvel Super Hero-Inspired Cars!