Movies have started to make waves in theaters recently, especially now with the popular Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
Variety has reported that Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has earned the spot as the highest-grossing film of 2021, as well as the domestic box office during the pandemic. Shang-Chi has also passed Black Widow‘s earnings with a total gross of $186.7 million compared to the $183.5 million gross of the Scarlett Johansson led film.
Shang-Chi was released in theaters exclusively before it debuts on Disney+ for free in November, showing that theatrical releases could be on the uphill climb. Previously, Black Widow had a dual release in theaters and on the streaming service platform, which has caused the Scarlett Johansson lawsuit.
During this upcoming weekend, Shang-Chi is slated to earn around $12 million to $14 million to its revenue after acquiring another $3.59 million on Friday. This would boost Shang-Chi‘s earnings to around $200 million, comparable to other Marvel films like Thor: The Dark World and Ant-Man and the Wasp.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on everything you need to know about Disney’s upcoming films. Stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney entertainment and news!
Have you seen Shang-Chi yet? Let us know in the comments below!
- New Passholder Section Arrives on Disney World App
- PHOTOS: Medals Revealed For runDisney’s 2022 Princess Half Marathon Weekend
- After YEARS of Waiting…Disney FINALLY Made Hotel-Scented Candles!
- Did You Know That Walt Disney Lived in a LITERAL Fairytale Home?
- RECIPE: Cap’n Jack’s Clam Dip from a Long-Lost Disney Restaurant!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Yehaa Bob Jackson is Back at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
- Marvel’s ‘Hawkeye’ Will Premiere With TWO Episodes on Disney+
- NEW Castle Stage Show Confirmed for Disney World’s Very Merriest After Hours
- Disney World QUIETLY Reveals Stage Show for Very Merriest After Hours
- WARNING: Don’t Get Up From Your Seat Too Early after Marvel’s ‘Eternals’