If you’re planning a trip to Disneyland, we’re sure you’re thinking a lot about tickets, dining, hotels, and more!
And, depending on where you’re staying or where you’re coming from, you could also be thinking about transportation as well. We have good news, though, because your travel to Disneyland might be getting easier soon!
The San Diego Union Tribune has reported that Coaster and Metrolink trains could soon extend from San Diego to Anaheim, similar to the Brightline train system coming to Orlando. The North County Transit District board and the Metrolink have come to a tentative agreement about allowing more stops along the Orange County rail system.
Currently, the Coaster trains only go between San Diego and Oceanside and the Metrolink goes between Oceanside and Anaheim. The new agreement would see the two service’s routes have overlapping in order to “create more rides and maximize capacity,” according to Karen Tucholski. This would especially be beneficial for travel to hot tourist spots like Disneyland or major events happening in the area.
Tucholski continued in a presentation, stating that the “NCTD and Metrolink have agreed to focus initial efforts on providing service for special events like the 2021 Major League Baseball playoffs, 2022 Major League Baseball All-Star Team, 2022 National Football League Super Bowl, 2028 Summer Olympics and other agreed upon special events.”
Moving forward, the two agencies would have to come together to coordinate multiple business aspects, like fares, fare systems and applications, and station information support in order to have a “seamless rider experience.” While they are looking into long-term fares for only one ticket to use both services, these fares may change during special events.
The services are looking to be as “cost neutral” as they can be in order to keep expenses down. However, this will also be a helpful situation to the railroads as double-tracking eliminates issues like bottlenecks. This creates opportunities to increase capacity and improve service for the train systems and surrounding areas. Metrolink’s board is reportedly expected to meet and approve this agreement in September. But, we’ll have to keep you updated!
As the agreement progresses and possible construction starts, we’ll be sure to give you all the news you need to know about the train system! Stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney news coming soon!
When is your next trip to Disneyland? Let us know in the comments below!
Disneyland Re-Opening News
- The Most Confusing Parts of Disney Genie Explained
- FIRST LOOK: Carnation Cafe Has Reopened in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- ALL the Oogie Boogie Bash Entertainment You Can Find in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: The Frightfully Fun Halloween Parade RETURNS to Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: Is the Dessert Party at Disney’s Oogie Boogie Bash Worth the Price?
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Immersive Treat Trails at Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Bash
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Oogie Boogie Bash CROWDS on Opening Night in Disneyland!
- VIDEOS: Take a Look at the Three NEW Villains at Oogie Boogie Bash in Disneyland!
- Save on Your Halloween Visit to Disneyland with a HUGE Hotel Offer!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!