There’s a new major mode of transportation coming to Central Florida, which will transport guests from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs.
The high-speed train Brightline is currently in the process of finalizing important details of the route that will connect the airport to Disney World, although several key factors still need ironing out before construction begins.
Orlando Sentinel reported that the company is still in talks when it comes to the service’s route, the overall cost, and the projected timeline to completion.
Amongst the plans currently on the table, Brightline currently prefers a route that would fall along Road 417 through Hunters Creek and would cost an estimated $1 billion. Another plan in consideration costs more than double at above $2 billion and would fall along State Road 528 to International Drive.
Michael Cegelis, Brightline’s executive vice president of infrastructure development, shared that the “service of nearly 17 miles from Orlando International Airport to a station at Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs is slated to start in five years.”
If service is currently slated to start sometime between now and 2026, that would extend Brightline’s projected timeline to completion by nearly three years. Previously, it was shared that the Brightline Train route would be scheduled for completion sometime in the second half of 2023.
There are several other factors being considered between the two proposed routes, including cost, disruption and noise amongst residential neighborhoods, and other “construction challenges.”
The Brightline Train will replace Disney’s Magical Express as a means of transporting guests from Orlando International Airport to Disney World property. The complimentary bus transportation service is scheduled to end its run on January 1st, 2022.
We’ll continue to monitor the developments coming from Brightline, and we’ll keep you informed with all the latest news!
Would you take the Brightline train from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- What It’s Like to Ride Rise of the Resistance WITHOUT a Boarding Group in Disney World
- Ranking Disney World’s Anniversary Celebrations (And Where the 50th Stands So Far)
- VIDEO: More Proof That Disney World’s Cast Members Are THE BEST
- Even Disney World Experts May Not Notice This 50th Anniversary Hidden Detail
- VIDEO: Sneak Peek at the MUSIC for Magic Kingdom’s NEW Fireworks Show!
- Disney World’s Electrical Water Pageant is FINALLY Getting an Update!
- Here’s When ‘Coco’ Will Be Added to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Disney World!
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Easter Eggs You Might Miss Inside EPCOT’s Space 220
- AllEars TV: This Disney World Champ Must Lose
- Main Street Confectionery is Reopening SOON in Magic Kingdom!