At the start of 2021, Disney discontinued the distribution of complimentary MagicBands to their resort guests, signaling a shift towards more mobile-friendly technology throughout the parks.
Although MagicBands are still available for purchase, Disney is also preparing to launch their newest service known as “MagicMobile.”
According to Disney, MagicMobile will be “launching in phases starting later this year” and will use devices that guests already own, such as an iPhone, Apple Watch, or other smart device. Guests will be able to create a MagicMobile “pass” through their My Disney Experience app, and the pass will then be added to their digital wallet on that device.
From there, just like MagicBands, guests will hold their device up to a touch point like what currently exists at park entrances, FastPass kiosks, and more. This service expands on some of the technologies currently available — guests can already use their smart device to unlock their hotel room doors using the My Disney Experience app.
According to Disney, guests can still choose to use MagicBands instead of MagicMobile if they wish, or they can use both and alternate between the two services for added convenience. We will keep an eye out for more information and for details on when we can expect this service to begin its launch at Disney World!
Would you use MagicMobile instead of MagicBands? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World Planning News and Tips
- NEWS: Disney World Releases Park Hours Through Late December
- Every Way You Can Currently Save on Your Next Disney World Vacation!
- Who Has the Better Annual Pass Program: Disney World or Universal Orlando?
- How Much Will Disney World Cost in 2022?
- 3 Attractions, 1 Shop, and More Will Be CLOSED in Disney World Next Week!
- One Park Continues to Have the Longest Wait Times in Disney World
- 5 Surprising Parts of Disney Genie+
- How Walt Disney World Annual Passes Have CHANGED Over Time
- Disney World Extends Select Park Hours in October and November
- What Did Disney World’s Average Wait Times Look Like the Week BEFORE Genie+?
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!