As 2021 rolled around, we were prepared for a few changes set to take place immediately on January 1st in Disney World.
Along with souvenir luggage tags no longer being mailed prior to trips, and the return of modified park hopping, Disney had previously announced that complimentary MagicBands would be discontinued for Disney World Resort hotel guests.
However, while that change was set to take place on January 1st, 2021, it looks like it has already arrived on the site! Now, when Disney World Resort hotel guests that have reservations in 2021 go to select their MagicBand options, they will no longer see a complimentary option.
Previously, Disney offered a few complimentary options, with select solid-colored MagicBands available without an additional cost. Now, those MagicBands are available for $5.
In lieu of complimentary MagicBands, guests will instead be able to use the My Disney Experience app or Keys to the World cards. Additionally, you can still purchase MagicBands online, or use an old MagicBand you already own.
You can also get a special pre-order price and purchase designed MagicBands as a Pre-Arrival Exclusive. These range in price from $5 to $20, which is discounted from the full price you would pay for the same bands online or in Disney World.
We’ll keep you updated with any further changes, so stay tuned!
Do you have plans to go on a 2021 Disney World vacation? Let us know in the comments below!
- PHOTOS! First Look at EPCOT’s NEW Gelato Stand in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: First Look at ALL the Cast Member Costumes For Disney’s Avengers Campus!
- NEWS: Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Gets a Reopening Date!
- Menu and Pricing Revealed for Cape May Cafe in Disney World!
- NEWS: Frontier Airlines and Visit Orlando Are Giving Away $400 in FREE Flights!
- EPCOT Skyliner Will Have a Delayed Opening Tomorrow
- NEWS: Four Seasons Orlando at Disney World Just Sold for a HUGE Price!
- NEWS: Broadway Announces Reopening Date and Capacity Numbers
- NEWS: Marvel’s ‘Loki’ Gets a New Release Date on Disney+!
- NEWS: Cape May Cafe Gets a Reopening Date in Disney World!