As 2021 rolled around, we were prepared for a few changes set to take place immediately on January 1st in Disney World.
Along with souvenir luggage tags no longer being mailed prior to trips, and the return of modified park hopping, Disney had previously announced that complimentary MagicBands would be discontinued for Disney World Resort hotel guests.
However, while that change was set to take place on January 1st, 2021, it looks like it has already arrived on the site! Now, when Disney World Resort hotel guests that have reservations in 2021 go to select their MagicBand options, they will no longer see a complimentary option.
Previously, Disney offered a few complimentary options, with select solid-colored MagicBands available without an additional cost. Now, those MagicBands are available for $5.
In lieu of complimentary MagicBands, guests will instead be able to use the My Disney Experience app or Keys to the World cards. Additionally, you can still purchase MagicBands online, or use an old MagicBand you already own.
You can also get a special pre-order price and purchase designed MagicBands as a Pre-Arrival Exclusive. These range in price from $5 to $20, which is discounted from the full price you would pay for the same bands online or in Disney World.
We’ll keep you updated with any further changes, so stay tuned!
Do you have plans to go on a 2021 Disney World vacation? Let us know in the comments below!
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek Comments on Scarlett Johansson Lawsuit
- Here’s When Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ Will Be FREE on Disney+
- Disney CEO Speaks to Delta Variant’s Affect on the Parks
- The New 50th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt is ALL About Disney World’s History
- Disney Menu Updates: A Brand NEW Restaurant Opens and a Popular Snack Spot Temporarily Closes
- Main Street Confectionery is Reopening SOON in Magic Kingdom!
- PHOTOS: There’s a New 50th Anniversary Popcorn Bucket in Disney World
- You Can Score a FREE Collectible Key During Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration
- Could This Popular Tradition RETURN for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays?
- Is the Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise Worth the Cost in Disney World?