Earlier this year, Disney World announced that they would no longer offer complimentary MagicBands to their resort guests. At the time, it wasn’t entirely clear how long this suspension would last, if it was temporary, or what it meant exactly for the future of MagicBands.
Since 2021 is right around the corner, Disney World is sending out notices to guests with upcoming reservations reminding them of this important change!
Disney is now sending out emails to guests that state, “MagicBands will no longer be provided complimentary to Disney Resort hotel Guests with arrivals beginning January 1, 2021.” So, it definitely seems like a permanent move by Disney to suspend free MagicBands to resort guests.
If you have a 2021 Disney World vacation planned, you still have a few options when it comes to room entry, park admission, and charging purchases to your hotel room. You may use a Key to the World card, which will be provided at the Front Desk of your resort, you can use a MagicBand from a past visit, or you can purchase a new MagicBand before you arrive.
Disney is also encouraging guests to consider using Online Check In as well as Direct-to-Room service, which offer real-time updates regarding your room. Several MagicBand features have already made their way over to My Disney Experience, including unlocking your hotel room door.
We’ll continue to monitor this major development in Disney World MagicBands and we will keep you up to date with all the latest information!
Click here to read all the ways My Disney Experience can help you on your next Disney World vacation!
Are you visiting Disney World in 2021? What is your current plan when it comes to MagicBands? Will you reuse an old one, purchase a new one, or request a Key to the World card? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney World Planning Tips and News!
- Several Disney World Attractions Tied For the Highest Wait Time Today!
- Save BIG on Your Next Disney World Vacation With These Discounts and Deals
- An Animal Kingdom Ride Takes the Crown For Longest Wait Time in Disney World Today!
- It Looks Like Spring Break Will Be VERY Busy in Disney World
- A Water Ride Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World Today!
- AllEars TV: We Wasted So Much Money in Disney World!
- A Magic Kingdom Coaster Had the Longest Wait in Disney World Today!
- NEWS! Disney World Releases Park Hours Through Mid-May
- NEWS: Disney Extends Park Hours During Spring Break
- Here’s What You Can Do in the Disney Parks BEFORE They Open
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!