Disney announced in October that the company’s primary focus will be on Disney+ and more media.
According to Hollywood Reporter, Radio Disney and Radio Disney Country will stop broadcasting in the first quarter of 2021. This announcement comes after the theme parks closed for an extended period of time and Cast Member layoffs were estimated to reach 32,000.
Radio Disney launched in 1996 and at one point owned up to 23 stations. The company sold 22 of those stations when they moved to satellite and digital broadcasting in 2014. The last remaining station is KRDC-AM located in Los Angeles and will be sold in 2021.
Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer of Disney Branded Television, made the closing announcement. The shutdown of Radio Disney and Radio Disney Country will result in layoffs for 36 employees. Marsh’s restructured group will focus on increasing production content on Disney+ and Disney Channels.
Disney Media News
- Early Press Day for “Raya and the Last Dragon”
- Nine Times Marvel’s Wanda and Vision Were Couple Goals
- NEWS: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3 Gets a Filming Start Date!
- VIDEO: Check Out Disney’s NEW Trailer for ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’!
- It Turns Out The ‘Original’ TV Version Of The Mickey Mouse Club Was A Sequel
- These Classic Movies Have Been Removed from Disney+ Children’s Profiles
- Are Your Suspicions Right? Marvel Studios President Confirms Connections in the Multiverse
- ‘WandaVision’ Star Hints at a Big Perspective Shift in the Next Episode
- You Can Now Listen to ‘WandaVision’ Soundtracks from Episodes 1 and 2 Online!
- 11 Hidden Details You Missed in the Third Episode of ‘WandaVision’!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!