Since Disneyland closed back in March, California has remained in a state of uncertainty regarding its theme parks’ reopenings. Although Governor Gavin Newsom has stated that there’s “no hurry” to set guidelines yet, he has stated that state officials will be visiting Disneyland Resort to see what measures are planned and in place.
Meanwhile, Disney has been pushing to welcome guests back to the parks. However, many of the Cast Members and fans are also encouraging Disney’s thoughts on reopening the parks.
In order to stand with many of the 28,000 Cast Members who have been laid off and bring the “magic makers” back, the Facebook group Magic Makers Unite: Reopen the Gates has organized a rally to show support for Disneyland’s reopening.
Starting on October 17th at 8 AM PST, supporters will be gathering on Harbor Boulevard in front of Disneyland with masks, PPE equipment, and Disney clothing. According to the Magic Makers Unite page, the reasons they will be holding the rally include:
“To stand in unity with the magic makers and all of those who believe in the magic for the reopening of Disneyland. We will be standing for all the 28,000 [Cast Members] who were laid off and with more to come if the gates stay closed. Standing for the community and businesses that have been affected. Standing for all the guests from around the world who need joy and inspiration that comes from the magic makers.
We still believe in what Walt Disney said when Disneyland first opened in 1955, ‘To all that come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America… with hope that it will be a source for joy and inspiration to all the world.’ We hope to see Disneyland reopen. We hope that the magic makers feel love and support and know that they are not alone during this time. We hope to bring awareness of the lives that are impacted because Disneyland is forced to remain closed.”
Until government officials give theme parks the green light to reopen in California, Disney has still been moving forward with putting health and safety measures into the parks and resort areas. As the situation continues to unfold, we’ll make sure to give you updated information on everything happening in Disneyland!
Did you have upcoming plans to return to Disneyland soon? Let us know in the comments below!
Disneyland Re-Opening News
- NEWS: Sprinkles is Currently Closed in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- Feel Like You’re in the Happiest Place on Earth All the Time with These New Disneyland Face Masks!
- NEWS: Southern California Has Extended Its Stay at Home Order
- NEWS: California’s ICU Capacity Dropped to Zero Percent On Christmas Day
- VIDEO: Snow White’s Scary Adventures Gets a New Name and Look in Disneyland!
- The BIGGEST Surprises You Need to Know From Disney’s Investor Day Announcements!
- Here’s What We Could Expect from Disney’s Investor Day Tomorrow!
- Update! Downtown Disney Has Extended Its Operating Hours in Disneyland Resort!
- NEWS: Disneyland Website Experiences Technical Difficulties After Announcing Carthay Circle Reservations
- PHOTOS: We’re at the Reopening of Buena Vista Street at Disneyland — Here’s What It’s Like!