While many industries around the country have experienced closures due to the current health crisis, Broadway shut its theaters’ doors back in March to performers and fans.
After a hopeful Labor Day Weekend reopening, the closures were extended through the end of 2020 as a health and safety precaution. In response, national tours were put on pause and some shows will not be returning to the stage, including Disney’s Frozen the Musical.
The Broadway League has now announced yet another round of closure extension for New York theaters. The shutdown will be continuing through May 30th, 2021, instead of its originally planned January reopening.
Productions will most likely not begin again until June 2021 with a series of staggered dates. Refund information for tickets sold during the extended closures will be detailed by The Broadway League soon.
As more information about Broadway shows and the industry-wide closures are released, we’ll keep you updated with everything you need to know.
Did you have plans to see a Broadway show soon? Let us know in the comments below!
- PHOTOS! The Voices of Liberty Are Singing Loud for All to Hear Again in EPCOT!
- VIDEO! Get a Rat’s Eye View of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Coming to EPCOT
- You HAVE to See the Way This Hospital Is Celebrating Toy Story’s 25th Anniversary!
- VIDEO! Mickey “Works Out” in the Cutest Way to Burn Off All Those Thanksgiving Carbs!
- VIDEO: Disney and Bob Iger Thank “Everyday Superheroes”
- PHOTOS! Signs of the New Olaf Holiday Tradition Scavenger Hunt Have Popped Up in EPCOT Today
- PHOTOS! Hong Kong Disneyland Unveils the Stunning Castle of Magical Dreams for Its 15th Anniversary!
- VIDEO: This Ratatouille Rap Performed LIVE from EPCOT’S Newest Attraction Is the Best Thing You’ll See Today
- PHOTOS: EPCOT’s JAMMitors Have Moved to a New Location!
- PHOTOS! New Details for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion in EPCOT!