This morning, we shared the news that the state of California would be pausing the release of the theme park reopening guidance needed for parks like the Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood to reopen.
Sources cite that theme park industry leaders saw an early draft of the guidelines this week and called on the governor to work more closely with business leaders in order to come up with more reasonable guidance.
Harry Sidhu, the Mayor of Anaheim, has released a statement on the city’s Twitter page this afternoon, commenting on the pausing of the release of these guidelines. It reads, “We need attainable guidelines that allow our theme parks and convention center to safely reopen soon to get people back to work and to restore our economy.” You can read his full statement below:
The Mayor stressed the importance that their major theme park, the Disneyland Resort, plays to their local economy. This sentiment was also made by the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Josh D’Amaro, who pointed out how critical a reopened Disneyland is to Anaheim and Orange County.
Mayor Sidhu noted that “time is of the essence,” and each day that goes by without agreed-upon theme park reopening guidelines will have a drastic impact on “working families, small businesses, and our city.” The Mayor concluded his remarks by reiterating an open invitation to Governor Newsom to “visit Anaheim and see the impact firsthand.”
We will continue to monitor the news coming out of the Disneyland Resort and California and will let you know when we know more!
Did you have 2020 travel plans to Disneyland that were impacted by the closures? Let us know in the comments.
Disneyland Resort News
- NEWS: Star Wars Trading Post is Getting a New Location in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney!
- BREAKING: Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- Disneyland’s Vaccine Distribution Site Is Open! Here’s What It Looks Like.
- Disney Has Further Confirmed THESE Projects for 2021 — But Left Out These 4
- NEWS: Disneyland Provides Updates About Upcoming Vaccine Distribution Site
- The Rise of Disney’s Trackless Ride Systems
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Will Host Mass Vaccination Site in Orange County
- PHOTO! Big Thunder Mountain Main Attraction Ears Have Been Stocked in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Sprinkles is Currently Closed in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- Legendary Disneyland Photographer Renie Bardeau Has Passed at the Age of 86