This morning, we shared the news that the state of California would be pausing the release of the theme park reopening guidance needed for parks like the Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood to reopen.
Sources cite that theme park industry leaders saw an early draft of the guidelines this week and called on the governor to work more closely with business leaders in order to come up with more reasonable guidance.
Harry Sidhu, the Mayor of Anaheim, has released a statement on the city’s Twitter page this afternoon, commenting on the pausing of the release of these guidelines. It reads, “We need attainable guidelines that allow our theme parks and convention center to safely reopen soon to get people back to work and to restore our economy.” You can read his full statement below:
The Mayor stressed the importance that their major theme park, the Disneyland Resort, plays to their local economy. This sentiment was also made by the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Josh D’Amaro, who pointed out how critical a reopened Disneyland is to Anaheim and Orange County.
Mayor Sidhu noted that “time is of the essence,” and each day that goes by without agreed-upon theme park reopening guidelines will have a drastic impact on “working families, small businesses, and our city.” The Mayor concluded his remarks by reiterating an open invitation to Governor Newsom to “visit Anaheim and see the impact firsthand.”
We will continue to monitor the news coming out of the Disneyland Resort and California and will let you know when we know more!
Did you have 2020 travel plans to Disneyland that were impacted by the closures? Let us know in the comments.
Disneyland Resort News
- Halloween Decorations Have Arrived In Disney’s Cars Land!
- How a $5 Million Lawsuit CHANGED Disneyland’s Annual Pass Program
- NEWS: DATE and Price INCREASES Announced For Disneyland Magic Key Pass Renewals
- Disney Is Hosting The Perfect Event For RuPaul’s Drag Race Fans!
- More Vintage Photos: Disney ‘Whirled,’ The Studios’ Facades, Grand Canyon Concourse
- Ok. We’re Confused. We Found HARRY POTTER Merchandise in Disneyland?!
- You Can Hold Baby Groot in Disney’s NEW Magic Shot
- Everything You Need to Know About Magic Key Pass Renewals for Disneyland
- “Unfavorable Attendance Mix” at Disneyland Resort Impacts Park Revenue
- NEWS: Disney Parks Demand EXCEEDING Reservation Availability