One of the more perplexing situations this year throughout Disney World’s closure and phased reopening has been what your best course of action is if you’re an Annual Passholder. Already this year, Disney has offered Passholders the option to extend or cancel their Passes altogether.
While the purchase of a new Annual Pass is not available at this time, it appears as though Disney World may be starting to handle individual Passholder options on a case-by-case basis when it comes to renewing.
As of now, Disney World’s official policy is that the sale of Annual Passes is temporarily unavailable. Additionally, we’ve spoken with several Cast Members over what the current Passholder options are, who have confirmed that Disney has not resumed the sale of Annual Passes.
If you had an Annual Pass that either expired recently or you chose to cancel this year, though, you might be able to reach out to Disney World Guest Services directly and have some luck acquiring a renewed Annual Pass. Note that the keyword here is might.
If your Annual Pass expired a while ago (especially if it expired before the closures began on March 16th), you might be out of luck and you will have to wait until Disney World decides to resume the sale of new Annual Passes. From the conversations we’ve had with Cast Members, this definitely seems to be one of those situations where not everyone will be able to renew their Passes when they call and ask, and instead they are dealing with this on a case-by-case basis.
But depending on your unique scenario, you may fall into a category where a renewed Annual Pass could be an option. The only way to know for sure at this time is to call Disney Guest Services!
Keep in mind again that acquiring a renewed Annual Pass at this time definitely seems to be the exception to the rule and not Disney’s current standard policy amongst all Passholders. We will continue to closely monitor what your options are as an Annual Passholder, and we will let you know of any policy changes or updates as we learn more!
Are you a Disney World Annual Passholder who either had a pass that expired during the closures or chose to cancel your pass? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney News!
- NEWS: Universal Hollywood’s CityWalk Will Be Used as a Polling Location for Los Angeles County Voters
- Our Dreams Are Coming True with the Disney X Danielle Nicole Cinderella Crossbody!
- Look Like the 1,000th Happy Haunt Wearing Disney’s New Haunted Mansion Outerwear!
- NEWS: Magic Kingdom Park Passes Are GONE for Select Guests on Christmas Day in Disney World
- Disney World Park Pass Reservations Are Going FAST for Halloween!
- NEWS: Disney World Extends Hours for Select Parks on Halloween Night!
- Disney’s Upcoming Ursula Midnight Masquerade Collection Will Be Available WITHOUT MerchPass!
- Homecomin’ Will Be Celebrating Thanksgiving With a New Menu Offering in Disney World!
- We Need to Form a Calming Circle! Bette Midler Just Posted a Picture of Hocus Pocus’ Sanderson Sisters Reunited
- NEWS: Disney Vacation Club Has Increased Minimum Points Needed for Select Membership Benefits
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!